Bomgar is a cloud-based or on-premise secure access and remote support solution suitable for businesses of all sizes. It offers remote support, privileged access and vault modules within a suite. Key features include customer support, help desk administration, internal IT support, collaboration, monitoring and auditing.
The privileged access module allows users to create accounts and monitor and record sessions in real time. Users can set up a secure remote connection to view and control remote desktops, network devices and servers. Other features include session forensics for compliance, cloud infrastructure management, authorization, notifications and credentials management.
The vault module is an enterprise password manager that enables users to store passwords, find privileged credentials and share admin passwords. Bomgar offers integrations with HP ArcSight, Lieberman Software, ServiceNow, Splunk and more.
It is available for purchase with a monthly subscription. Support is offered via live chat, phone, online guides, video tutorials and emails.
Especialidad: Educación superior Número de empleados: 1001-5000 empleados
Staff will always have hesitation when allowing IT to remote into their computers. This can cause resolution and deployment times to skyrocket.
But Bomgar Remote Support features a full suite of tools that allows the company and its users to feel confident in letting IT remote into their machine because of its many features and customization options.
Bomgar Remote Support is easy to install and manage for your staff and IT support.
You can deploy a shortcut to computers and set it up to start remote sessions immediately, or allow a support rep to give a session key to start the session. So there are lots of options to customize how you want to manage support sessions.
Once you're remoted in, a range of options for controlling the computer are available to the rep, allowing the sessions to go faster like control panel shortcuts, screen shot options, and an easy to use file share interface.
The customer can see everything happening and chat with the rep in a chat box, which also displays helpful information like what commands the rep is running in the background.
There is a lot of transparency when running Bomgar so everyone can feel safe and comfortable sharing their computer with an IT rep.
Bomgar also integrates with other software like Service Now.
Bomgar Remote Support does take a lot of planning to set up properly and get running efficiently.
A lot of the security and transparency features will require a lot of app administration. If you're a one-man or smaller shop, you will have a longer time getting many of its features up and running.
A powerful Remote Endpoint and support tool for professional IT shops.
- Full-featured remote endpoint and service portal that allows IT admins and technical support organizations provide support for technical and non-technical clients and their workstations/servers
- I have deployed Bomgar at two organizations as an IT Administrator and support person, and Iove how dependable the endpoint agent software is for connecting to all workstation endpoints we support. If you need to connect to a workstation on an isolated network in a building across the city? No problem, open the Bomgar admin console and find the workstation in endpoint inventory and can remote into the machine, transfer files, chat with a client on the machine via bomgar chat, or control mouse and keyboard.
- Start impromptu support sessions and guide customers to the bomgar support portal and request a session with you or any other active administrator who is available, all on the fly.
- Enterprise support is very helpful, I have had to leverage them for guided updates and configuration advise. They are professional and well-trained
- Bomgar offers physical and virtual appliances, I have deployed both physical and virtual solutions from them, both work the same.
- As a purchaser of a Bomgar appliance, you still need support for the hidden back-end of the appliance. One deployment of this solution, we ordered two virtual servers, I believe at different times. As such, the hidden linux back-end of the software were inherently not exactly the same build configuration, and we discovered this during an upgrade of the software version and they reacted different to the upgrades. This was an unexpected setback, however, to the credit of support they were professional and prompt with their diagnosis and provided tailored update packages to finish the upgrade.
- There are lots of free solutions that can work for remoting into endpoints and providing support remote for endpoint users these days, which may make the value of Bomgar less desirable due to cost of appliances, annual license renewals and upfront license costs, depending on the budget. If you can afford it, it's worth the money for quality of the product and its features.