Bomgar is a cloud-based or on-premise secure access and remote support solution suitable for businesses of all sizes. It offers remote support, privileged access and vault modules within a suite. Key features include customer support, help desk administration, internal IT support, collaboration, monitoring and auditing.
The privileged access module allows users to create accounts and monitor and record sessions in real time. Users can set up a secure remote connection to view and control remote desktops, network devices and servers. Other features include session forensics for compliance, cloud infrastructure management, authorization, notifications and credentials management.
The vault module is an enterprise password manager that enables users to store passwords, find privileged credentials and share admin passwords. Bomgar offers integrations with HP ArcSight, Lieberman Software, ServiceNow, Splunk and more.
It is available for purchase with a monthly subscription. Support is offered via live chat, phone, online guides, video tutorials and emails.
A powerful Remote Endpoint and support tool for professional IT shops.
- Full-featured remote endpoint and service portal that allows IT admins and technical support organizations provide support for technical and non-technical clients and their workstations/servers
- I have deployed Bomgar at two organizations as an IT Administrator and support person, and Iove how dependable the endpoint agent software is for connecting to all workstation endpoints we support. If you need to connect to a workstation on an isolated network in a building across the city? No problem, open the Bomgar admin console and find the workstation in endpoint inventory and can remote into the machine, transfer files, chat with a client on the machine via bomgar chat, or control mouse and keyboard.
- Start impromptu support sessions and guide customers to the bomgar support portal and request a session with you or any other active administrator who is available, all on the fly.
- Enterprise support is very helpful, I have had to leverage them for guided updates and configuration advise. They are professional and well-trained
- Bomgar offers physical and virtual appliances, I have deployed both physical and virtual solutions from them, both work the same.
- As a purchaser of a Bomgar appliance, you still need support for the hidden back-end of the appliance. One deployment of this solution, we ordered two virtual servers, I believe at different times. As such, the hidden linux back-end of the software were inherently not exactly the same build configuration, and we discovered this during an upgrade of the software version and they reacted different to the upgrades. This was an unexpected setback, however, to the credit of support they were professional and prompt with their diagnosis and provided tailored update packages to finish the upgrade.
- There are lots of free solutions that can work for remoting into endpoints and providing support remote for endpoint users these days, which may make the value of Bomgar less desirable due to cost of appliances, annual license renewals and upfront license costs, depending on the budget. If you can afford it, it's worth the money for quality of the product and its features.
I love the way it brings a lot of remote support tools into one console so you don't need to know some of the more advanced techniques to deliver support (e.g. opening remote session within registry editor, using admin$ etc) but what I think is even better is the canned scripts.
I can create a canned script to run routine but advanced tasks on remote system but then make it available to the service desk enabling a semi-skilled SDA to complete tasks that would normally be passed back to 2nd and 3rd line support. Not only does this increase the first fix rating, it also (as I've been told by the SDM) adds to the moral of the SD team as they feel trusted and empowered.
One thing that really does raise Bomgar above the competition is their excellent customer service, which I have not even seen matched let alone bettered!
Well, I have to say I'm struggling with this part. Maybe I'd like to see the individual licence fee come down a bit, not that it isn't value for money, it's just we have a limited budget so cannot afford as many as we'd like.
It's worth noting here though that Bomgar have supported us (a non-profit university) in this area but giving a generous discount and 'loaned' us an extra couple of licences (for free) when we really needed them for a short time but simply didn't have the money to buy them...