QlikView is Qlik’s classic analytics solution for rapidly developing highly-interactive guided analytics applications and dashboards, delivering insight to solve business challenges. The modern analytics era truly began with the launch of QlikView and the game-changing Associative Engine it is built on. Revolutionizing the way organizations use data with intuitive visual discovery and boasting a customer base of 36,000, QlikView put Business Intelligence (BI) into the hands of more people than ever before.
QlikView is a BI data discovery product for creating guided analytics applications and dashboards tailor-made for business challenges.
The software enables users to uncover data insights and relationships across various sources with QlikView’s Associative Data Indexing Engine. QlikView offers guided exploration, discovery and collaborative analytics for sharing insights. Additionally, the program allows users to build and deploy analytic apps without requiring professional development skills, helping drive faster response to changing business requirements, shorter time to value and more insight across an organization.
QlikView has a patented in-memory technology that decreases the need for IT workers as the software has an inference engine to cultivate associations in data automatically. The tool consolidates data from multiple sources to provide centralized data for high level reporting. The intuitive click through dashboards makes it easy for non-IT professionals to understand hidden trends. The application administers user access and control through the web-based management console.
Selvakumar S. Especialidad: Tecnología y servicios de la información Número de empleados: 13-50 empleados
Completed more than 15 implementation across domains like Government, Distribution, Retail, Insurance,Manufacturing and services.
Have overall 10+ years of IT experience and 6+ years in BI
Worked with one of the Fortune 50 retail giant who uses QV for more than 200 business users around the world across regions. i would say most of the people are happy with the way how QV is helping them on decision making. Since its a retail business, QV handles more volume of data with ease. Thanks to their In-Memory technique.
1. Associate linking
2. Self Service - Business users can create their own charts and data table with little technical knowledge
3. Inline (Mapping ) for adhoc dimension or values
4. QVD can act as data cubes or even as Data warehouse for medium size companies
5. implementing QV will take less time compare to traditional BI
6. Partner eco- system and support is very good
7. One of the best In-memory BI tool available in the market currently
1. Initial investment is little high but they have release Qliksense to counter it and it comes with Saas Model as well with more animated data visualization
Miguel D. Especialidad: Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril Número de empleados: 201-500 empleados
Been using QV for 2+ years now, have a lot of reports for almost any department in my companny, sales, buying, wharehouse inventories, financial, etc, etc all of them are productive resources for my internal users.
Once you set up your "reports" (IN QV they are called projects) there is no room to get things wrong, the final user will be able to run those reports and play with them with no worries of deteling something or change the report setting, as this can only be done by the admin, therefore the final user will be free to play and apply as many filters the report may have. On the other side, you will need some training to get the reports done, QV uses a report designer you will need to setup/install to build your projects.
QV as a company has some other products that all are but the similar to QV they have "QV Sense" is the "newer" version of QV that has a lot of support for mobile devices, dont get things wrong, QV has either support for mobile, but you need to build your reports thinking how will they look on a small display.
Prafulla K. Especialidad: Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos
This is an excellent analytical tool with below best suited features:
1) Flexible chart design
2) A lot of charts and plenty of minutes properties to configure the chart.
3) Power of custom expression using a expression language called "SET ANALYSIS". This enables a better control on data transformation and manipulation.
4) Script editor where in Data Layer can be defined, designed and managed.
5) Nice client server architecture so that report designed can be easily published over to web and access can be controlled easily through management console.
6) Qliksense, a cloud model, is a best thing qlikview has.
It's nothing like bad things but good if it has few features (that other BI tool has)
1) Data management should be more user friendly. Right now it is in script editor. Someone with good knowledge of Relational Database can easily handle this but a programmer knowledge is must. End users or non technical person may timid to start with qlikview as they will find it hard to start with.
2) Too many properties and configuration available. (It's not a bad thing at all as it gives more flexibility) But many configuration can be easily clubbed together systematically and user do not waste time to find the properties configuration. Meaning configuration should be simplified and structured.
Please find my evaluation points:
1) Licensing and cost effectiveness.
2) Ease of dashboard Implementation
3) Data layer feasibility, management and manipulation
4) Presence over web and ease of publishing over web.
5) Performance and speed to manage huge data.
John D. Especialidad: Software informático Número de empleados: 51-200 empleados
Extensive customization options. Nice drag and drop interface.
Complexity of setup and customization. Not entirely user friendly.
Tharindu R. Especialidad: Servicios financieros Número de empleados: 1001-5000 empleados
I have being worked with QlikView for last 5 years and It was one of the best BI tools in the world. The level of slice and dice is amazing. Data holding capacity and power of deep level analytics are simply outstanding.
It has more analytical power. And the data holding capacity is excellent. Further it is easy to use and the integrations are also user friendly.
It needs the support of a programmer to create charts and end users can't do much. Graphics are low compared to newer BI platforms.