Resumen de opiniones de usuarios

Sobre MYR POS

MYR POS is a cloud-based point of sale solution and was created specifically for the quick-serve and fast-casual restaurant segments. Customers typically include coffee shops, salad bars, pizza stands, ice cream shops, food...

Saber más

• Sector: Hostelería
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 501-1.000 empleados

Publicado el 18/11/2018

Palm Lane Review

Koomi has been a really, really great tool for Palm Lane. We love how straightforward it is to train staff on. I can't wait to see how we both can grow to better streamline processes in the future.

Puntos a favor

It's super simple to teach, easy to use and straightforward. Having the iPad setup is a simple tool for our business to use. I also love the app integration and hope that as our business grows, the Koomi Palm Lane app will become the most used app for guest's to use.

Desventajas

I do have a few wishlist items: the ability to "out of stock" items via the app directly, breaking down menu screens so that if we click on a salad it then leads to Protein Options, Salad Dressing Options, etc. (currently it's one giant list that you scroll through), for the Dine-In option via the App, the ability for the guest to choose a table number, some more analytics at the end of the day (better breakdown of "for here" or "to go" processed orders rather than scrolling through the master report).

elaine

Publicado el 17/6/2021

will be excellent with more flexibility

Not that happy I had problems with former systems and still have with this one. For example, I 'm experiencing problems with the app many times per day. It lags a lot. sometimes it can't take my orders ,I have to redo it many times and the client is waiting and repeating on the phone. You told me it could be my internet network but we only have one in my area and it has those problemes on with the app.

Puntos a favor

on line ordering possibilty although its lack of flexibility.

Desventajas

Not enough flexibility, I expected more possibiliites to prepare my menu and my delivery possibilities as well as the time it is opened for taking orders even if the store is closed. A detail that make my clients called instead of ordering online. It's upsetting since I hoped the online ordering a lot to facilitate the system. Also I wished to get my client list so I could call them back in case of problems. I have to search a lot to get their info and not earase the order completed in the kitchen app to be able to get in touch with clients. It's a big waste of time. Moreover the list would be important for emailing promotions to them as well.

Razones para elegir MYR POS

because of the problems we had such has loosing orders in the system and wouldn't come out in the kitchen. But we sometimes have the same problems with this system. Some orders won't print and I have to restart every app and reload the printer many times.

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

it semmed easier and well structured, but finally flexibility is a difficult point. for example, I can't give my real opening hours for delivery sonce WE have to quarts and you offer only one, Also clients can't order if not online on opening hours. Also the management of delivery with postal code is not specific enough. Also the x report is too long for nothing, we need less info than that while closing but we surely need to know the final amount which would be supposed to be in the cash drawers without trying to figure it out with all other devices which make it very long to close everything. You can contact me if you want more details about that survey. I would be glad to discuss it since I would like to improve it.
Chadi

Publicado el 31/8/2022

Our experience with MYR

MYR is a hreat product eith a lovely team. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] had our back since day one. made it easy for me to chose MYR over their competitors. thanks again

Puntos a favor

i was impressed eith easy of use and stability of software.

Desventajas

there is nothing i do not like about it. its a great system with many good things to come.

Clover

Razones para elegir MYR POS

was looking for a more comprehensive product which is easy to use and stable

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

i enjoyed dealing with their technical team. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] made is so smooth for us. if itvwas nt for him i think i would nt be this comfortable. thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Las mejores alternativas a MYR POS

Mackenzie

Publicado el 24/6/2019

Btter than some, not the best

Account manager is a problem solver, jumps to action. On-boarding was far from what you would expect. I had an hour on the phone to learning back of house. Almost identical to the sales pitch. Once you set it up yourself there is very little beyond that and you have to figured it out on the spot from there. As someone who is an owner, working in the restaurant, I have very little time to sit down and trouble shoot new software. We were told there is a one time intro for you or staff but we squeezed in a 15 - 20 minute 101 over the phone the day it was set up. I later asked if there is a handbook or sheet I can hand to new staff? No, there isn't. Fortunately, I have a young and patient staff who are doing their best . We had A LOT of problems with the printer, the Koomi router disconnecting, we were told this was exceptional but what it really was was EXTREMELY inconvenient and reflected very badly on us to our customers. Line ups at brunch with a printer system network only printing 6 out of 20 orders to the kitchen. Long waits, wrong orders, scrambles tables. It was a nightmare. My working hours are 6 am to 6 pm most days (with an admin day once a week) and my liaison at Koomi works from 9 - 5, Monday to friday. I am only able to address this during my "off" hours after work and this led back and forth phone calls and emails and this was not the "support" I expected. Worst was my staff were extremely frustrated and I wish I could have been assisted them with more info.

Puntos a favor

This product was an a significant upgrade from the original POS we inherited with the purchase of our business. I appreciate being able to see detailed and itemized reports. This data has saved me time since I not longer have to input sales analysis stats. I also appreciate it's "real time" updates from the dash board to the master Koomi.

Desventajas

I did not find it seamless or the design as intuitive as square or cluster ( which each have their own pros and cons). Visually the lay out of the items in each category does not mach our needs and the lack of any color doesn't allow for easy menu scrolling. There are a lot of little details that are not very well thought out ex. Customer orders a coffee and a sandwich. We process it as for here - it prints in the kitchen. Moments later the customer decided to take it with them or add another item, it is then reprocessed and re printed to the kitchen. This can cause the kitchen to be wasting food. Also, no split bills option is a constant issue for us. All updates made on dashboard have to apply to your restaurant and your app. You are essentially giving your online customers the same access as you would in house staff BUT it's not obvious if you're not a familiar user and how to use each option isn't clear.
Example: We sell a sandwich, when you have to option to make it a combo for a set price. My in house staff will highlight the sandwich (10), then select "combo"(4.75) from the sandwiches options. Then are the specifics of that combo soup (0), salad (0), tea(0), type of tea (0), coffee (0). So sandwich combo = 14.75$
If they use the app they can select sandwich (10), then they are not obligated to select make it a combo before that can select soup(0) , salad (0), coffee (0), or tea (0). So they can select sandwich (10) + Soup (0)+tea(0) = 10$

Razones para elegir MYR POS

My old POS was archaic and we had to hand write orders. We have a much higher volume and this is no longer an option.

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

They are a local Montreal company and I appreciated my account manager and felt confident that this company could assist us in making the switch.
Shann
  • Sector: Producción de alimentos

Publicado el 26/5/2022

Honest review for 2nd year use.

As a basic POS, it does the job. At the time we were moving from Square POS as we needed a solution that allowed MEV integration. We looked at MYR versus LightSpeed and a few others. While it's a bit cheaper for MYR on the yearly, I am not sure the $300.00 / year savings is worth the lack of features and limited support abilities.

Puntos a favor

When it works, it works well for what it does. It is a pretty limited software though. 3rd party integrations never worked for us and we needed to move to something else (Deliverect). For the price, there are other options that might fit needs better.

Desventajas

Overall, it's pretty basic. I get the desire to do "quick service" as the primary option. However, this does bring negative sides as well when trying to bring in companies who want to offer more. Other solutions have a basic and more advanced interface (Square POS / Square Restaurant) and it would likely make sense for MYR to think beyond the box they believe the software allows into what the customers actually want.

Razones para elegir MYR POS

Requirement for MEV. Square indiated MYR was a partner. After looking into it, it made more sense to move to Clover as payment processing (cheaper raters than Square) if the move to MYR was required.

Square Point of Sale

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

Lack of real knowledge honestly. Knowing what I know now, I may have chosen differently. Moving away now with all the capital I invested seems like a waste so we make due with what it offers and find ways to work around the limitations.
Jeremy
  • Sector: Comercio minorista

Publicado el 4/9/2020

Koomi, the point of sale app that we chose!

We save money, we serve more customers and there's no downtime. The customer service is INCREDIBLE. I don't usually make reviews but Koomi's team is so good that I had to. They are very close to their clientele so I feel safe. Accepting payments is one our core operations and we need perfect execution.

Puntos a favor

Koomi is very easy to use. It was very easy to integrate it with Leaves House's team and with our the other softwares and hardwares that we were using. It also works with the SRM (Quebec). Its simplicity helps us to serve the clientèle better and spend less energy on staff training .

Desventajas

I think there could be some improvements on the analytics side. Having said that, Koomi is very close to their users, their team listens and they are working on that.

Square Point of Sale, Shopify POS y Lightspeed Retail

Razones para elegir MYR POS

Koomi doesn't have downtime and was cheaper. Downtime for a retail business is not a good idea.

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

Easy to use, integration with SRM, price.
andi

Publicado el 12/11/2019

Perfect POS for a fast paced industry

Before Koomi we did not have any POS system in place. We looked at every available system and Koomi is by far the best in the market. The platform is super easy to use. Staff need very little training to use this POS. Recently we started using Koomi in conjunction with Clover and the experience has been fantastic.

Puntos a favor

Koomi is always innovating and updating their process to make sure we are getting the best user experience. They always listen to our feedback and have incredible customer support. The platform itself is very user friendly and can accommodate all types of different service options.

Desventajas

The only issues we've ever had with Koomi are the result of the internet speed / consistency. Customer support always helps target the issue and get us back online asap.

OpenTable y Lightspeed Retail

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

Koomi made it very easy to apply different tax brackets to suit our province tax codes. This was honestly the major factor that pulled us in. But once we started using Koomi more extensively I can see that it has a huge advantage in it's simplistic functionality and agility to adapt to our needs as a fast-paced take-out style coffee shop.
Catherine

Publicado el 8/6/2022

I recommend MYR

Processing payements is fast and easy.

Puntos a favor

It is very easy to use, it is intuitive.
It was easy to connect the IPad (MYR) to the Clover Flex terminal, to the MEV and to the bill printer.
Also the updates are easy to make.

Desventajas

It would be nice to be able to see all the past bills somewhere online, in the reports.

Alexandre

Publicado el 24/5/2022

toc

Neutral.

Puntos a favor

The reports, the online set up interface, the design.

Desventajas

Tables management, inventory, pricing, intergration with UberEats (it doesn't let you modify your Uber menu from the uber website).

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

I was stuck having to renew it because I didn't have any news from MYR POS team.
Veronique
  • Sector: Hostelería

Publicado el 7/6/2022

MYR for coffee shop

Puntos a favor

MYR is great for our coffee shop. It has all of the features we need, and then some. Very easy to use and to train new employees on.

Desventajas

There are a lot of glitches that occur. One, in particular, we've had ongoing for 2.5 years that no one can figure out. It isn't the end of the world, but it does get frustrating when customers can't use their tap payment.

Anne-Marie
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 28/9/2021

Un système avant-gardiste et intuitif! Je recommande à 100%

TRÈS bon service, l'équipe est toujours disponibles pour répondre à mes questions et me donner des conseils personnalisés. Ils ne pensent pas seulement à ce qui est le mieux pour eux, mais vraiment le mieux pour chaque client. J'ai adoré la prise en charge clée en main facilitante, surtout dans un processus d'ouverture d'une nouvelle entreprise où tout va vite et où nous avons à penser à plusieurs choses.

Puntos a favor

Très intuitif et facile d'utilisation, parfait pour un café/restaurant à service rapide comme le mien. Possibilité de modifier les items du menu en temps réel directement via mon cellulaire et de suivre l'évolution des ventes en direct et même à distance. Application en ligne est un coup de coeur pour moi également. L'équipe développe une application et il est possible de modifier le contenu comme bon nous semble selon la disponibilité de nos items.

Desventajas

Honnêtement, à ce jour, je ne trouve aucun point négatif à ce logiciel.

Maori
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 26/8/2019

Great Experience

This POS allowed us to centralize all the information in put it all in a cloud that is accessible from many devices. This has allowed our company to work more effectively and improve the customer experience by reducing the processing time of the orders. Would highly recommend!

Puntos a favor

Very user friendly, easy to install and set up. Our employees understand how to use it very easily and emphasize that it reduced the line up time we had with our previous system. It looks very sleek because it is just an iPad and paying terminals, which allows to have more counter-top space. The customer service is very personalized, always willing to develop to help our needs. In addition, the reports are all online and we can manage all of our restaurant locations under one dashboard.

Desventajas

no cons so far. Every challenge we had was right away addressed by their customer service and we managed to find solutions that were tailored to our needs.

Veloce

Razones para elegir MYR POS

It did not match our company needs and customer service was very poor.

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

Better customer service, the pricing was at a great value compare to the offered features and not a lot of expensive hardware to buy.
Laura

Publicado el 25/6/2021

Great product!

Overall, I changed from Cluster to MYR and we are all satisfied. We get lots of new features that is adapted to our business and we get wowed by our clients all the time. When everything works

Puntos a favor

Very simple, super easy to use and to setup.

Desventajas

Service and updates. For some reason, I have problems at every update… And one thing that frustrated me the most is at the beginning I had to do my own setup. I am no expert in technology and felt pretty dumb asking so many questions to make sure I am doing everything properly. Service could be better, I know the boys are doing their best… when I am able to get a hold of them it’s 5 stars. They are patient and take their time to help. (Aka [SENSITIVE CONTENT])

Ty

Publicado el 19/8/2020

Great Decision

This was great with all the reports available that my accountant had access to. It took a lot of time and effort out of the equation and made it easier when tax season was around. Overall it helped to determine what was selling best and how better to manage my business

Puntos a favor

The ease of implementation was really important since I started the business by myself and needed something that was going to be very user friendly. Also the layout was very functional and helped to make check out and taking orders very easy.

Desventajas

There were some issues with keeping orders open and adding items - however this bug was fixed through an update

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

The overall customer experience. The sales person also had a cafe and shared a lot of great knowledge with me which really made me feel like more than just a sale
Darren

Publicado el 17/6/2019

Solid way to run your cafe business !

Puntos a favor

Working with Koomi was one of the most important decisions we could have ever made for our cafe. Their software is so easy to use and it is so customizable. It's a breeze in rushes and new staff catch on in minutes. Seriously. Working the till/POS has never been so fast in serving customers quickly and accurately, and Koomi is the difference. Their support team is the best I've ever seen and highly recommend them.

Desventajas

Nothing much, actually. It's been such a positive experience from the start.

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

Super informative demo and very conscientious team committed to handholding us thru the entire process, every step of the way. They kept all their promises, and then some!
Pedro

Publicado el 23/4/2021

Koomi Review

Excellent experience with Koomi POS. It is a reliable and easy-to-use POS system. Koomi facilitates our job and lets us concentrate on serving our customers. We can modify or update menu items aligned with our daily menu and stay up to date with trends and season meals. Perhaps, some type of integration with food delivering apps could be a good idea to explore.

Menu items customization
It is cloud-based
Easy to learn and manage platform
The Koomi network is very reliable
Customer service is reachable to help

Desventajas

1) One of the cons that we experience is with regard to "order receipts". After some time, they cannot be printed anymore and they disappear from the iPad screen and there is no space to get them in the Koomi admin space. Therefore, if a customer calls the next day looking for his/her sales receipts, it would not be possible to retrieve this information.

2) We believe that one of the features that Koomi POS should implement is the integration with third-party online ordering applications (i.e. UberEats, Skip, CHK PLZ). Like the kind of integration that Koomi has with Clover. This piece of improvement would save a lot of time for restaurant employees.

Spenser

Publicado el 5/7/2022

MYR has it all

Overall this is a great tool for our business! From setup to customer service we would recommend it to anyone!

Puntos a favor

We use this software daily and we love how easy it is to train our employees. Given it follows the same model as an app, there is relatively no problem being proficient by the end of the first shift.
The integrations are great with Piecemeal, Uber & Quickbooks.. it takes a lot of human error out of the business.
We love the online ordering & the ease of use for both the customer and the business.
Overall we love this software and wouldn't consider changing for anything!

Desventajas

We do not like that we do not have an app on our phone to quickly check sales or make changes. Logging in through the web browser feels clunky and not up to today's norms for online POS.

Toast POS
Jean-Jacques

Publicado el 18/11/2019

Easy, fast and good value for money

From the beginning, a full satisfied experience. Demonstration of the software, implementation of the solution et using since 3 years, including calls to technical support.

Puntos a favor

Easy to use, to set up, to learn for employees and low expensive

Desventajas

Constant evolution of the software adapting to technical constraints as restaurants caracteristics

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

Hardware (iPad) les expensive, software more easy to use for a small business
Maria

Publicado el 12/9/2020

Koomi is the best POS for Quick Service Restaurants

It has been an excellent overall experience and we look forward to using Koomi into the future.

Puntos a favor

- The very easy to use and very simple to look at interface.
- The round-the-clock reliability.
- The Clover-Flex integration.
- The top-notch technical support.

Desventajas

In hindsight, we only wish we would have found this solution sooner.

Revel Systems y NCR Aloha

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

Koomi offered superior functionality and value than its competitors and did it on the relatively inexpensive and reliable iOS platform.
Martin

Publicado el 23/1/2019

Koomi is speeding you to market!

Koomi app is one of our key partners! Koomi's team is right over the phone with me as soon as I need it. We are always welcome to share ideas, to report observation on little details to push further (development) and even to ask for features to come!

It just make my business management such easy and fun, day-after-day!

Puntos a favor

Koomi is a must to have for a quick and efficient business operation set up (a coffee shop is mine).

This app is easy to understand for a business manager and such a user friendly tool for employe's training. You can create a menu in few minutes... Adding new items (live at work) or launching quick promo right before the opening hours (from home) and composing options groups on items are cool and simple features you just want.

I also love the charts (sale/hour) that make me feel the beat of my business when I'm away of the shop!

Desventajas

No major cons for me. Manage the way you share the wifi on spot and you'll get a better feed/response on the network for your Koomi!

lewis

Publicado el 14/11/2019

Perfect for quick service!

Puntos a favor

Very easy to use, very easy to train new employees and very easy to set up and change menu items.... its just very easy...

Desventajas

not very much back end reporting. would like more detailed reports with time of day, week and month spending trends.

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

MEV compatibility, price and not many unnecessary features.
Rick

Publicado el 2/6/2022

Great POS Provider

Puntos a favor

The product is very easy to use and has great functionality. The team at MYR is extremely helpful and always willing to help.

Desventajas

Would like to see this in the app store as well as sometime it is hard to get guests to download to their device.

Shawn

Publicado el 18/11/2019

Koomi is purpose built for QSRs

Fantastic.

Puntos a favor

- The built from the ground up focus on QSR franchises.
- The easy to use Koomi interface (which saves tremendously on training costs).
- The detailed and insightful reporting.
- The rapid turn around time on special requests and modifications to the software.
- The stellar technical support.
- The integration with the Clover Flex Terminal.

Desventajas

That we as an organization did not find and implement Koomi sooner.

NCR Aloha

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

A much lower cost to entry on a more reliable (and easy to use) iOS platform.
Annie

Publicado el 13/9/2018

Great app for us (ice cream shop)

Puntos a favor

It's super easy and simple to use. All my employees find it user friendly.

Desventajas

Two things would be easier:
1) It would help a lot to have different colors for the different groups (in the options). This way, it would be easier to scan and find the option that we want to select within all the groups.
2) It would be easier if we could correct one or many things after having clicked «check out». If the customer changes his mind after we have clicked «check out», we have to delete the complete order and then enter it all over again with the one correction.

Respuesta de Koomi

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

2) You mentioned that you were not able to delete any items after clicking "Checkout". You can actually swipe left on an item to delete it even after having clicked "Checkout".

When in doubt on using Koomi POS, please give our support team a call - we are always happy to help!

Thanks again,
The Koomi Team

Respondido el 12/10/2018
Trevor

Publicado el 7/6/2019

Koomi POS review

My over all experience is very good

Puntos a favor

The Support and that it’s paperless when sending orders to kitchen or bar

The disconnecting of the Koomi and Clover integration

There is no liquor tax

No photos for categories

No option for mandatory prompts when entering items

Square Point of Sale

Razones para cambiar a MYR POS

It’s paperless when running multiple iPads for kitchen and bar Support is five star
96 opiniones