Resumen de opiniones de usuarios

Sobre BigCommerce

BigCommerce is a cloud-based online design platform that provides solutions to e-commerce entrepreneurs with website customization, shipment management, transactions as well as listing products on Amazon, eBay and Facebook. The...

Saber más

Filtrar por:
Nathan
  • Sector: Artículos deportivos

Publicado el 4/9/2019

Among the best ecommerce solutions for growing businesses

We initially transitioned from Lightspeed eCom over to Bigcommerce because their platform offered greater scalability and entry-level features than what Lightspeed offered. Because we use Lightspeed POS, however, integrating product data between the systems was a challenge and a lengthy process. It also takes some effort to maintain the connection (via a third-party service using their API).

Puntos a favor

Bigcommerce offers some of the most inclusive features in their entry-level product options, making them excellent for small businesses. Their level of customer support and transparency about service issues and new features in development are excellent and perhaps one of the main reasons why we've kept using Bigcommerce instead of switching to a platform that meets other essential features that we are still awaiting from Bigcommerce. The availability of third-party apps (including shipping and logistics integrations) has been great to work with so far.

Desventajas

Storefront development is currently very lackluster and it can be difficult to get a truly customized website without hiring a developer or investing in web development skills of your own. This is also true of their e-mail features. If you don't have more than a basic understanding of HTML, it will be next to impossible to customize their system e-mails without a third-party solution. Also, while their entry-level features are among the most plentiful in the industry, a few features (such as Google Reviews integrations and Abandoned Cart Recovery) are reserved only for higher-tier plans, which doesn't make sense from a financial standpoint as their costs to support these features should be minimal.

Adobe Commerce, WooCommerce y Shopify

Razones para elegir BigCommerce

Note: We switched from Lightspeed's integrated e-commerce offering but still utilize their cloud POS and inventory management software (connected to Bigcommerce via API). We switched because Bigcommerce offered greater scalability than Lightspeed's own solution, especially concerning the ease of managing our inventory across multiple marketplace channels.

Lightspeed Retail

Razones para cambiar a BigCommerce

Bigcommerce ultimately offered the greatest financial value in terms of entry-level features and marketplace functionality that were available to us as a growing small business.
Jason
  • Sector: Productos farmacéuticos
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Publicado el 31/7/2022

An outstanding ecommerce platform with great pricing and an amazing quality

Puntos a favor

The platform is easy to use, and non-trained or non-technical users are able to use the platform. Comes in a very good pricing structure which is appealing to small and medium-sized businesses. Great website builder and CMS, perfect for creating products and product categories and managing SKUs. Order management, payment processing, shipping and taxation are very straightforward and useful for users. The platform is highly customizable and is one of the best eCommerce platforms in the market.

Desventajas

The pricing for the platform is great but every add-on or plugin is paid which adds a huge cost for businesses as they expand, which makes them almost pay the same amount as other eCommerce platforms. Reporting and analytics are very basic, and not customizable as per analyst standards. Changing themes or anything within the backend requires expertise in HTML/CSS.

Max
  • Sector: Aprendizaje en línea

Publicado el 8/5/2020

Terrific admin UI and purchaser experience - BigCommerce will not fix bugs customers find

The software has been solid for our customers and the administration UI is very easy to use.

We have outstanding technical issues that have been open for more than a year and are still not resolved (HTTP status 500 errors that intermittently are returned from their backend APIs) - they say they cannot see the errors in their backend logs and we must send them examples even though we have this happen 10-12 times a day, continually, for over a year.

Their Stripe integration does not include the email address field when they send payment requests to Stripe, so customers do not get a credit card receipt from Stripe. Requesting this be changed resulted in them telling us only 1 other customer wanted this feature and that we should switch to Authorize or Brain Tree because it works with those processors) - this felt like a move to downplay the use of Stripe and push us towards vendors that BigCommerce perhaps prefers?

It is hard to believe we are the only customer that would want Stripe to send CC receipts to customers - their built-in receipt mechanism does not allow a store to include the last 4 digits of the credit card in the receipt the store sends, which means customers have to call in to customer support when they are organizational customers to figure out which CC is used - a very poor experience for our customers and for our customer support team.

Puntos a favor

It is highly customizable, has most of the features you'd expect in an e-commerce solution, and the APIs are well-documented.

Desventajas

* Seemingly easy solutions to known issues get stuck in their support bureaucracy and disappear
* Their logging does not allow software engineers nor CSRs to see the specifics of errors - customers must provide client-side stack traces to help them find errors on their backend (for example, API calls that return HTTP status 500)

Las mejores alternativas a BigCommerce

Garrett
  • Sector: Bienes de consumo

Publicado el 7/7/2022

Great for rapid growth

Postive. I have been using it for 6+ years already and do not see any reason to leave. it has grown with me over the years.

Puntos a favor

Bigcommerce is easy to implement and one of the most versatile ecommerce/inventory/web store/website builder/order management platforms on the market. They are built for you to grow and will work for a startup or for a enterprise.

Desventajas

I dont like the way they announce new features. Sometimes the degrade a feature but the only way to find out is to attend a "town hall" instead they should just email all users a list of features that are being updated or degraded.

Razones para cambiar a BigCommerce

Bigcommerce had a lower fee with more features included. they do not take a percentage of each sale like shopify tries to.
Fatoumata

Publicado el 15/9/2022

The best for e-commerce

BigCommerce is a very good software of creation of electronic store

Puntos a favor

I created my online store to make even more sales on the internet with this good BigCommerce software. I add my products on my store and the transactions are good

Desventajas

The payment is secure and fast. Basically everything is perfect, so no worries for the moment

Shreyank
  • Sector: Contabilidad

Publicado el 13/9/2022

Great software for ambitious sellers who want to sell on multiple platforms

Overall experience was pretty good but since some of our users find it hard to understand some features and due to the lack of quick fixes in the software we have decided to migrate to the other saas platform. We used bigcommerce for up to 2 years for e-commerce purposes to sell across different countries.

Puntos a favor

The most likable thing about this software is there are no platform fees associated unlike other platforms like Shopify. Also, they have some great free features and smooth integration techniques with other platforms allowing the sellers to sell in the different markets without much of a hassle

Desventajas

The setup is not so easy and quick compared to other saas platforms. It's hard to locate and understand some features unless you have used them before which makes it not reachable for quick fix commerce, it needs some time and patience to fix the issues

Fatoumata

Publicado el 20/9/2022

BigCommerce e-commerce software

BigCommerce is also a very good e-commerce software

Puntos a favor

BigCommerce is my first e-commerce software that I tested and I really enjoyed it. Creating a store is very easy and fast

Desventajas

I had small problems with times, my customers complained that the payment is a little slow

Stéphane
  • Sector: Minería y metalurgia
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Publicado el 20/9/2022

Bigcommerce is best and very good from the deputies

Puntos a favor

Bigcommerce has an easy configuration and their Platforms is easy to use with untrained technical user and their payment processing is excellent

Desventajas

Bigcommerce does not offer a wide variety of options and it is difficult to customize the website alone.

Boukary
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Publicado el 13/9/2022

Commerce for big

Puntos a favor

For better visibility of your business and for more sales choose bigcommerce. The software has everything needed for more profit. Fees are low and third-party app restrictions significant

Desventajas

Update notifications are almost non-existent

Priyansh
  • Sector: Animación
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 13/8/2022

Powerful software with a few important catches

BigCommerce lives up to its name and is a great platform for medium to big ecommerce ventures. A little economy plan for small businesses like ours would have made it the best of all.

Puntos a favor

We had used Bigcommerce for about 6-8 months. It had a lot of good features that I would love to have with my current setup.
- Good 24/7 customer support.
- No transaction fees, 0%, which is extremely important to a small business like us with low margins.
- Strong feature set which is refined.
- Integration with multiple software, extremely versatile.
- Great theme editor, which I miss a lot.
- Mobile ecommerce is better than the competition.
- Its a hosted solution, no worry about coding or server management.
- Unlimited digital products, also physical, but we don't sell those.
- Great marketing features.
- Even after being hosted, CSS or HTML can be edited.

Desventajas

- As you know, its a hosted platform, so the transaction fees are a recurring cost. Its a huge downside for us as the cost of the platform doesn't suit a small business like us.
- Free theme options are less, very much limited.
- With multiple options, comes the complexity to set it up.
- Interface is a bit convoluted.
- Less apps

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Wix, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, Squarespace y Shopify
Jackie

Publicado el 7/4/2022

Happy over-all.

Over all I am happy with BigCommerce.

Puntos a favor

I like the store I created. I like the creative freedoms in BigCommerce. I find my way around easily. I like that I could use Quickbooks to process payments. At the time I started my online store that was not possible with Shopify.

Desventajas

You should be able to add locations to invoices. I don't print packing slips, just the invoices. I have to hand write the locations on the invoice for the person pulling items for the order. I wish I could sort the order of the items and have it stay that way! It takes a bit of time for the average Joe to learn their way around on BigCommerce. Once I got past the learning curve it became quite comfortable.

Razones para elegir BigCommerce

OpenCart was very limited in its functions.

OpenCart

Razones para cambiar a BigCommerce

Because I wanted to integrate the payments with Quickbooks.
Justin
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Publicado el 9/11/2020

TYLER'S x BigCommerce

BigCommerce has been absolutely phenomenal. We're glad to be based in Austin, Texas alongside some of the BigCommerce team. Their support staff has been instrumental in our ability to adjust when a problem arises, and find a long term solution to ensure our ongoing success.

Puntos a favor

BigCommerce has developed a simplistic software that's allowing small and mid size companies to maneuver at scale. We've been able to learn and adapt new strategies as their team continues to open new capabilities to developers and as they push development in their app market. Fast and reliable apps will be key to building and maintaining the next evolution of ecommerce businesses and having that infrastructure in place will be pivotal in the years to come.

Desventajas

When we teamed up with BigCommerce, they were a newer competitor in the market. Some similar companies were able to offer functionalities that were limiting to our initial growth through ecommerce. Being a brick and mortar based business since 1978, we had a multitude of functionalities needed to keep up with our physical locations. Although they couldn't offer these features out of the gate, they were quick to get them implemented and worked closely with us to resolve our issues.

Margaret
  • Sector: Diseño

Publicado el 12/5/2020

Great e-commmerce platform if you can't afford custom designs but have a large inventory of...

The company I worked for had a B2B e-commerce website, but wanted to start a second e-commerce site that was more B2C focused since the clientele had different needs, and the B2B site was not set up to accommodate all the new B2C business. We were able to set it up quickly and provide accurate shipping costs and product option costs.

Puntos a favor

I loved the versatility available for building product pages, being able to set it up so pricing adjusts automatically for different product options, and the import/export functions to update large inventories via Excel documents instead of manually editing within the web app.

Desventajas

Initial setup can be confusing, especially when new to e-commerce and knowing how to tell it to calculate tax, shipping, etc. Their customer service is great though, so if you're confused about a setting you can call and talk to someone very quickly. I rarely ever waited more than 5 minutes to talk to a rep.

Publicado el 21/2/2020

Bigcommerce edged out the competition for my online store.

I tried several shopping cart e-commerce solutions and found that Bigcommerce suited my needs the most. I ended up using a free style template and customized it myself saving me a lot of money. Online and phone support are top notch!

Puntos a favor

The ease of use was a major factor in my decision to go with Bigcommerce. There are many choices out there for online retailers to build their storefront. I liked the ease of customization and the large amount of standard features. Their integration with online marketplaces and social media really saves a lot of time.

Desventajas

There is an annual sales cap that I'm worried about, but when I get to that point I will just upgrade the service to where I need it. There are not enough free store style templates available. Custom styles get very costly. Some features that should be standard are non existent.

Razones para elegir BigCommerce

I liked the layout and template choices more with Bigcommerce.

Razones para cambiar a BigCommerce

For my use, it was the superior product.
Rick
  • Sector: Hardware informático

Publicado el 6/5/2019

If you are serious about growing your business, there is no other platform to consider.

For the most part, BC is attentive and addresses our issues. Reps change more frequently than I would like and they are not very helpful. Most aren't there long enough to learn the position. The core staff and the support team are second to none. There is not one weak link on the support team. You will not understand how important this is until you need help from another provider and wait 30 minutes to talk to someone who knows less about the product than you and learned English as a second or third language.

Puntos a favor

BigCommerce Support is not only the best there for an e-commerce platform. It is the single best support compared to every provider I have ever used. They answer the phones quickly. The person who picks up the phone knows what he/she is doing. Calls never have to be escalated and the issue is (almost) always resolved. My issues are normally fixed within 10 minutes of picking up the phone to dial. BC doesn't waste your time.

PCI compliance was a big part of why we moved. BC takes it all on. We no longer have to provide scan reports or do any paperwork.

Consistent conversion rates - there are few ups and downs. I can depend on my site to be functional.

Adding products, categories and landing pages is simple. 2 months after moving to BigCommerce I let my entire development team go. We no longer needed any of them. Training an employee to add products takes just a few minutes.

Desventajas

Some things seem to take forever to get done. 301 redirects are difficult to manage and a fix has been in and out of the works for years.

Product page load times can exceed 1000ms. Mobile PageSpeed is big in Google's eyes and we are slower than average.

Lisa

Publicado el 10/5/2022

It's been a nice long relationship

Overall, it's been pretty smooth sailing. Customer service is ALWAYS there and trying to help the best they can. They never leave me in the dark. Way easier and faster site than dealing with Magento.

Puntos a favor

I have used Bigcommerce for over 8 years. Overall, I think it works better and at a more reasonable cost than other related platforms.

Desventajas

I have 1k parent skus with 11k child skus. It will not import my large spreadsheet. So if there is a major price change from my brands, it's impossible to import my vendor's .csv or excel sheet. We have to update each regular price and sale price one by one. Takes way too much time to permanantly discount items / sales too.

Razones para elegir BigCommerce

Magento was a never ending money pit and operated very slowly.

Razones para cambiar a BigCommerce

Shopify charges fees for every sale. Overall with all the apps you need to buy with Shopify, Bigcommerce had more features out of the box. I still had to buy 4-5 apps. But I would have had to invest much more money with Shopify. Which wouldn't be enough money left for me to operate the rest of my business.
Jason
  • Sector: Impresión

Publicado el 22/7/2021

Easy to use but they didn't have my back

At first it was great, but as they got bigger they didn't seem to value my business the same way and forced me to pay almost 3 times what I had agreed to. I was happy to switch to a competitor when I did.

Puntos a favor

I liked that it was very easy to figure out. It was updated regularly and laid out nicely. I built my first e-commerce store on my own using this software.

Desventajas

I kept hitting walls with what I wanted to do. Some of the features were limiting like "Options" and I kept hoping they would improved them. They also made a change to their pricing structure and took away Customer Groups on the plan I was on. It was $29/mo and then all of a sudden it was $79/mo. I wish they grandfathered me in. When I called to complain or work something out, they had a take it or leave it attitude... so I left it.

Usuario verificado
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

Publicado el 24/3/2022

Easy to use and scale

We have been with BigCommerce for six years now and have had very minimal downtime. The rare instances we've had to contact customer support have been handled quickly. Support forums and customer facebook group monitored by BC have been a tremendous help when troubleshooting or looking for ways to customize our online store.

Puntos a favor

Out of the box, BigCommerce has more built in features than other online carts out there. Pretty straightforward setup making it fairly easy to get up and running in little time.

Desventajas

Not as easy to customize themes/store interface. When you edit the source code you need to make sure you document what was done as the changes don't carry over when you update the theme of your site.

Shopify Plus y Shopify

Razones para elegir BigCommerce

We wanted to lessen the time required to update and maintain our ecommerce site so we could spend our time and money on marketing and other efforts.

Razones para cambiar a BigCommerce

Out of the box, Bigcommerce offers more built-in features that I would need an app for in Shopify which adds to the cost and slows down the site.
Tom
  • Sector: Comercio mayorista

Publicado el 7/1/2021

It Does The Job. What You Would Expect For An Ecommerce Site.

We have been using BigCommerce for quite some time now. No so thrill about it nor are we dissatisfied with the platform. For what we need, it does the job. But we would not make it our go-to platform if we need specific function or customization. It seems there's almost little to no guide out there if we want to customize. We have to seek a developer who knows how to customize BigCommerce and even then, they charge quite a bit for what we needed. Would recommend for people who want a basic ecommerce site. But if you want to have customization, Big Commerce is not the way to go.

Puntos a favor

It is quick to set up. Easy for a non-technical person to manage when starting out with little to no experience in ecommerce. Has everything you would expect from an e-commerce platform. Great layout for product and checkout page.

Desventajas

Customization is very limited. Even when you try to get some tech support from their team. They tell you they're not developer and would suggest some options with using their partners services. There's very little help if you want to customize basic attributes. The platform setup is quite limited if you want to change specific part of the layout.

Alana

Publicado el 23/9/2020

Definitely better than Shopify

Puntos a favor

I like the customer support, usually they can help with any problem. Their stores do a good job out of the box but for me, with over $10,000 products, it was a headache!

Desventajas

I guess everyone is always looking for more flexibility. Their confirmation, invoice, etc. emails are the worst!

Adobe Commerce y Shopify

Razones para elegir BigCommerce

BC did more out of the box, our OScommerce store required so much customization.

osCommerce Online Merchant

Razones para cambiar a BigCommerce

Price, service, ease of use.
  • Sector: Salud, bienestar y deporte

Publicado el 22/8/2019

Love it!

Puntos a favor

We've been using Bigcommerce (or BC, for short) for about 4 years now, and we love it. It makes ecommerce easy and efficient.

Desventajas

There are some instances where the lack of control or access to the server has caused us to change some of our plans, but it's nothing I would call a dealbreaker.

Razones para elegir BigCommerce

Lack of service and support for the product.

AspDotNetStorefront

Razones para cambiar a BigCommerce

Better customization options for our business at the time.
Renata
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 19/10/2020

Great E-Commerce Solution!

It's a pleasant and delightful experience. It is a robust e-commerce solution for B2B, B2C and Wholesalers.

Puntos a favor

At our agency, we were used to working with WooCommerce, Shopify and we had never really worked with BigCommerce. Until we decided that it was time to step things up for one of our clients. We had a delightful surprise to see that BigCommerce is one of the most complete platforms out there, that is extremely user friendly whilst being robust and complete.

You have every type of solution you can imagine within your platform. From Wholesale B2B to a simple one page shop, you can build it all. BigCommerce offers amazing templates you can choose from, and also the Cornerstone which is a blank canvas.

As an agency, we've gone through the partnership process and we are officially a part of BigCommerce marketplace!

Desventajas

What I don't like is how the development can be a bit different than what we're accustomed to, and not as user friendly as Wordpress. For instance, on Wordpress our team can set up the background in a friendly way for our customers to use and manipulate sections without the need of a developer 24hs helping them.

Now as far as BigCommerce goes, the way some pages are set up require you to have an intermediate understanding of HTML if you want to manipulate some text and imagery.

I find this quite difficult since our clients are the ones changing content on the website once we hand it off to them.

Usuario verificado
  • Sector: Alimentación y bebidas

Publicado el 16/4/2020

Ecommerce Platform with Great Customer Service

In general, I am very satisfied with the product. It serves its purpose for a reliable and easy to set up ecommerce platform with lowmaintenance cost.

Puntos a favor

Although the platform offers a lot of features for an ecommerce business to be able to run daily operations and analyze data, my favourite part by far is the fact that it has a great customer service. Every time when there is an issue with the website or we have questions, we can chat with a representative from Bigcommerce. Their customer service is very reliable and knowledgeable. No waiting on the phone, no back and fort transferring between reps. Technical support is right there for you.

Desventajas

I wish there were more applications that can be easily integrated. Compared to Shopify, Bigcommerce doesn't offer as vast variety of options.

WooCommerce y Shopify

Razones para cambiar a BigCommerce

Gift Card feature out of the box.
Adam
  • Sector: Seguridad pública
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 6/7/2020

BigCommerce Review

It works, and we need the software as we couldn't integrate two Shopify stores into our ERP. I hope we can expect BigCommerce to keep adding features because they really do have a lot of catching up to do.

Puntos a favor

We stated using BigCommerce as the software behind our new website redesign. We like the ease of setting up the products, product customization and the large pool of experienced companies that design BigCommerce storefronts. It was easy to get setup and our new website was running in about 6 months.

Desventajas

The order management system they have in place is just not good. You cannot edit orders. Which customers expect us to be able to do. If a customer wants to add an item you can add the item, but you cannot charge the customer for the additional item within BigCommerce software. Same goes with removing items from orders. If you remove an item from an order it does not give you an option to refund the difference. You have to do that outside BigCommerce software.

Our website has been live on BigCommerce for about 4 weeks now and we just experienced our fist "outage" in over 5 years. So I am not optimistic about uptime since the site has already gone down once, and it has only been live for 4 weeks.

Using BigCommerce it is hard to search for and find orders, even if you have an order number you are redirected to the "advanced search". Instead of being able to type in an order number and find the order you have to type in the number, wait for the advanced search page to load then type in the order number again. Come...on...guys.

The same with product search. I can copy and paste a product name directly from our storefront, search in BigCommerce, then I get redirected to another "advanced search" page. Where I have to enter the SAME SEARCH again, then I get results.

We are on an "enterprise" plan that in some ways, has less features than a store we run on a "basic" Shopify plan for less than 1/3 the cost.

Inventory tracking is also not great.

Electra

Publicado el 22/5/2022

Love it over woo commerce

If was fine as long as I had a web developer helping

Puntos a favor

The type of editing are seemingly endless

Desventajas

Unless you are web developer and wen designer it is very hard to customize your website alone.

Wix

Razones para elegir BigCommerce

Thought it would be easier and more stable

WooCommerce

Razones para cambiar a BigCommerce

Felt it was the best option at the time
224 opiniones