Resumen de opiniones de usuarios

Sobre Teachable

Teachable is a cloud-based learning management solution used by small and midsize businesses. The solution allows users to create and share online courses by adding audio, video, images, text and PDF files. Students can access...

Saber más

Marilyn "M.E."
  • Sector: Instituciones religiosas

Publicado el 25/8/2021

Teachable Moments

Overall Teachable solved a revenue issue for us! We needed a place for people to go and purchase out products and downloadable services without having to start from scratch - which is quite costly - and Teachable allowed us to do that. It help us generate necessary revenue with ease.

Puntos a favor

Teachable is very user friendly. I am not a very technically inclined person and this program gave me the ease I needed to set our digital classroom. AT the time we began using the company could not afford more than $100 a month and Teachable was very affordable for out small nonprofit.

Desventajas

I would say that my least favorite aspect of Teachable is or was the design templates, although they recently upgraded this feature and you can do a few more fancy things to your store and landing page.

Kajabi

Razones para elegir Teachable

At the time I felt that Teachable had more flexibility with a free or no cost version.

Software anterior

Razones para cambiar a Teachable

Kajabi is for a more established company with a consistent revenue stream and at the time we were not that company.
Sam

Publicado el 30/12/2021

Teachable: Course Creators are Lost Without it!

It's a smooth journey and you have everything you need in one place. Excellent UI and overall it's all you need.

Puntos a favor

The overall coverage of all features a course creator needs. They even provide a payment gateway, which alone saves you plenty in commisions and monthly fees.

Desventajas

Just need an Android app. Not having an Android app forces most of my students to watch the courses on their browsers.

Razones para cambiar a Teachable

The first is that Teachable has an awesome reputation. Easy to use, and above all, affordable.
Biggi
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

Publicado el 5/8/2022

The most complete online LMS

Overall, my experience with the product has been great. But, Teachable, the company, really goes above and beyond to support course creators and help them earn from their knowledge. I definitely recommend them.

Puntos a favor

Having been around for many years, Teachable has all the features I am looking for in an LMS. For me, it also has the best student experience of all the hosted or self-hosted LMS platforms.
Unlike other software in the category, Teachable has full email capabilities built in, saving me time and money.
Their help documentation is also very comprehensive and well written, making the need for customer support a rarity.

Desventajas

The software is great, but I don't like the pricing. The free plan had its features cut so much that it really can only be used as a trial version to evaluate the software.

Las mejores alternativas a Teachable

Oliver

Publicado el 4/8/2022

Used to be a lot better

Puntos a favor

Very easy to set up courses, videos load fast and uptime is high

Desventajas

All additional features added within the past 2 years have made the software less user friendly on the backend. Difficult dealing with customer support on lower tier plans.

Melissa

Publicado el 15/7/2022

Teachable - It's not for everyone

Overall it is a good platform. It is a bit pricey and you'll need to be patient as it is not beginner friendly. If you already are having success in your online courses, this would be for you. If you are just starting, you might try elsewhere.

Puntos a favor

I really liked about teachable is that it allows you to setup and integrate your coaching calendar within Teachable to allow for bundles. I also really liked how easy it was to integrate the quizzes as well. The tracking module was also really good.

Desventajas

It was really difficult to set up the sales page. There are no marketing tools integrated with this. It is very expensive in comparison to other options as well. I did not typically have the best response with customer service - it wasn't bad though, it just wasn't good.

Kajabi y Thinkific

Razones para cambiar a Teachable

Teachable was highly recommended, so I choose Teachable as it seemed the easiest to implement.
Cushi
  • Software usado Otro durante 6-12 meses

Publicado el 17/4/2021

A good solution for e-courses, but not the easiest to learn

It definitely does the trick. I set my online course up and created my sales page reasonably quickly considering I'd never used the software, or any e-course software before.

Puntos a favor

I love the aesthetics and the User Interface. It's all very clean and feels comfortable. I like the simplicity of the sales page builder as well, although I'd like it more if it were more custmizeable with options like more fonts, and different layouts.

Desventajas

The flow between webpages is super awkward and it was sometimes hard to find the page I was looking for. Every time I go to do anything, it opens a new tab. The over all user experience just felt unnatural to me.

Squarespace, Kajabi y Thinkific

Razones para cambiar a Teachable

The price point for teachable was significantly less than Kajabi and seemed more suitable for my personal needs than Thinkific or Squarespace. I will likely switch to Kajabi in the future because it seems more user friendly and feature rich.
Katie
  • Sector: Administración educativa
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 26/7/2022

No Customer Service

Using Teachable itself was okay, but the customer service is unacceptable. The only way you can contact them is through email and they may not get back to you for several days.

I left Teachable for a different company six months ago and they STILL have a claim on my domain. If you try to access my site without the 'www', you get sent to a Teachable 404 page. I have gone through the DNS settings multiple times with my current company, and we can't do anything about it. Every time I email with an agent, they assure me that my account is closed and that Teachable isn't connected to my domain. They share screen shots, then ask me to provide them with my own. When I send them the shots showing the specific information they have asked for, they won't respond.

Regardless of your course content, you need fast, effective customer service. Teachable does not provide that.

Puntos a favor

Teachable is easy to use and I was able to set up my courses quickly in a format that was conducive to the content.

Desventajas

Assessments are an important part of my curriculum, but the available quiz templates were too basic for my needs. Also, when I had questions or needed help, it took days to get a response for customer service.

Filip
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

Publicado el 24/5/2019

A complete LMS platform

We like teachable for easy and fast delivery courses

Puntos a favor

A complete LMS platform, a lot of features and custom designs you can use, you can actually build the whole website using teachable with the e-learning part integrated into it

Desventajas

The price, it's really high, of course, you can use it for free but the commissions are high

Docebo

Razones para cambiar a Teachable

teachable is easy to use and has a lot of features, also it's really customizable
Stephanie
  • Sector: Educación primaria/secundaria
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados

Publicado el 6/9/2022

Great for E-Learning

Puntos a favor

Teachable is a great product to use when trying to create an online forum for students!

Desventajas

It is a little pricy so it can be difficult for smaller schools to afford.

• Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de un año

Publicado el 9/8/2022

Good Product But Unattractive Pricing Plan

Puntos a favor

It is easy to deploy your tutorial with Teachable.

Desventajas

The pricing structure of Teachable is unattractive.

• Sector: Seguridad pública

Publicado el 27/2/2020

Teachable--- Hosting Your Online Classes

My overall experience with Teachable has been very positive. Responsive customer support, improved features, and excellent onboarding training. My only frustration is the inability to auto-schedule blog posts.

Puntos a favor

I've been a Teachable user for a few years (I was a user when the name was Fedora). Since then, Teachable has been one of the most mentioned names for online course creators. One of the things I like best about Teachable is how easy it is to use the platform. In a matter of time, you can create an online course, including curriculum and media. This is super convenient for both the novice online course creator and the more experienced ones. It's a time saver!

Desventajas

Since 2019, the blog feature of being able to auto-schedule posting has not worked. I've placed support tickets to address the issue, but as of this writing (Feb 2020), the feature still isn't working. I write blog content well in advance and was able to schedule blog posts with ease. Now I have to set a reminder to go into my Teachable account to manually post the blog. This is not ideal.

Razones para elegir Teachable

SchoolKeep was changing its charging platform to a per-student model that didn't have a place in my business.

Razones para cambiar a Teachable

I liked the interface Teachable had (Fedora) vs. Thinkific.
Mike

Publicado el 6/2/2021

The Grass is Not Always Greener

Teachable allows me to run a great online school - and to do so with much of the functionality in one package. I do opt to substitute my own website and email automation (WordPress and Active Campaign) but I use their eCommerce payment platform and feel very confident. I have often wondered about switching but never have found an alterative that does not offer better than an alternative set of compromises.

Puntos a favor

Teachable is easy to use and does everything I need it to - and mostly very well. I also like that the company behaves ethically.

The user experience for my students is excellent and the all-in one package makes it very easy for me.

Desventajas

There are a few little niggles. Not a great mobile solution (but perfectly adequate) and the text editor in the course builder is low on capabilities for formatting beyond the basics (Tables? Not so much). And the placement of toolbars and save buttons is frustrating.

Steve

Publicado el 21/4/2018

A great online course platform that's improving all the time

Puntos a favor

My favourite thing about Teachable is it 'just works' out of the box. Most of its functionality is intuitive and it doesn't try to add a million features that most people won't use. It's a software tool that knows what it is and who it's for. It makes it very easy to make a good looking site and get a course up for sale. Anyone can get started and be able to do most of what they need to be able to do to create a profitable online course business easily.

Desventajas

The drawback is in that final 5%. It's easy to make a good looking site, but not easy to make an amazing looking site. I have in the past had some issues with their affiliate system and with their support staff, but to be fair this was in late 2016 and they have made big improvements since then. I would like to see them roll out new features more consistently so that their users are on the cutting edge of online course technology rather than just slightly behind. Teachable is also best for people that don't want to integrate multiple tools. This is also a good thing as it stays focused, but I think it's worth noting here as a potential user should consider that what they get with Teachable is what they get. Don't start using it expecting to link it with a forum later if you don't love how their commenting system works (for example).

• Sector: Formación profesional y coaching

Publicado el 19/9/2020

I absolutely LOVE this course creation and course selling platform!

I love the professional look of Teachable and I think that makes students feel more comfortable buying online courses from "your average Joe".

Puntos a favor

For starters, it is great that you can creaet a course and put it on Teachable for free to test drive the platform and see if it will be a good fit for you and your students. I like that the platform is easy to use, customizable, NOT CLUNKY, and is professional looking.

Desventajas

The pricing might be a bit much if you're just starting out as a course creator and aren't sure if you're course is going to sell out the way you want it to. Other than that, there really isn't anything bad I can say about Teachable. They've done a great job creating a platform that makes it easy for anyone to sell a course they've created.

Jessica
  • Sector: Administración educativa

Publicado el 8/1/2020

It's a great platform for my course

I have enjoyed my time with Teachable thus far and I think it's one of the best platforms out there. I'm enjoying the user-friendly process.

Puntos a favor

I was excited to find a product that was stremlined and user friendly. I even like that I can register students without registering for their monthly plan. Of course the fees are a little higher with that version but I like the 'try-before-you-buy aspect'. I like the look of it and that you will be able to creat certificates and allow students to track their progress. One of my favorite features is being able to create discount/ special codes when you want.

Desventajas

I don't like that i have to post a youtube URL if my videos are a little larger. This adds a little complication seeing as I'm not a techie, but it's not insurmountable.

Razones para cambiar a Teachable

I was a student on the other platform and didn't love the experience. I thought Teachable would be better for me as a creator and for the student side as well.
Gian Angelo

Publicado el 27/5/2019

A Giant in Online Courses

Teaching other has always been a passion of mine especially if it helps my students learn from my mistakes and avoid them in their own career. Being in the Copywriting field for years has always instilled in me that you have to keep learning and keep teaching others... and Teachable gives you that option.

It's easy to get into and setup plus you get a lot of nice features to make your teachable page look really great!

Overall, Teachable is one website you should definitely put your mind into.

Puntos a favor

It's probably one of the better choices when it comes to making courses online. First of all, you get a lot of options to integrate with 3rd party software which is great since you don't have to start from scratch in some aspects. Second, it's really easy to start teaching your audience online with Teachable.

You can easily add new courses, record some lessons and launch!

You get great payment options to choose from to give your customers some variety, also, it's easy to setup your page to make your "classroom" look even better.

Desventajas

It does take time to setup everything if you're planning to work on many courses and uploading a lot of material.

While you can get most of it done by the time your free trial is over, it's always great to upgrade from the start to be able to take advantage of the premium features Teachable offers.

One more thing is that, it's a bit pricey compared to other choices however, if you want great quality, it will cost you.

Yadah
  • Software usado Otro durante Más de dos años

Publicado el 25/4/2020

They Have Good Resources

Initially I was dazzled by Teachable. As I got more into my business and researched, and the more teachable updated and changed their plans and options, the more I realised that there are better options out there. The resources are still good, but they focus very much on the 'overnight success' model that tends to burn most entrepreneurs out.

Puntos a favor

You can change the colour scheme to for your brand.
There is a white label option to ensure all branding is yours and only yours.
You can use your own domain.
Video hosting is done directly on Teachable, so no need to figure out embedding etc from other sites.
You can add quizzes and tests to your online courses.
You can add resources and PDFs for your students.
It's possible to add add-ons for additional income on courses, and also bundle courses together.
They offer many free courses and resources to help the budding online teacher.

Desventajas

There is no middle ground between the starter plan and next plan - it's expensive for the starter plan compared to other course platform options with hardly any of the perks the others offer.
The promise of being able to fully customise your school is negated by the very real fact that you HAVE to be able to 'code' to do so, taking away from the ease of use.
The quizzes available are restricted to multiple choice or true and false - students aren't able to upload assignments and there is also no room for free flow questions.

Ça¿r¿

Publicado el 14/9/2021

Always improving

Puntos a favor

I like that Teachable always deploys new features, listens to tutors and I also like the community they've been developing among the teachers. So, they both try to improve their product and their users at the same time.

Desventajas

Sometimes it's hard to bundle your courses as you like. You have to tweak this and that to get something close to what you want.

Gabriele
  • Sector: Formación profesional y coaching

Publicado el 4/6/2021

Eccellente sotto ogni aspetto

L'esperienza generale è più che soddisfacente un 9/10.

Puntos a favor

Semplicità, funzioni e possibilità di espansione per e-learning (modularità dei corsi).
Indubbiamente una delle migliori piattaforme esistenti per la creazione di elearning.

Desventajas

Prezzi non sempre vantaggiosi sui piani più alti, alcune funzionalità non sono disponibili (es. checkout via PayPal) nei piani base e intermedio ma solo nel più costoso, mancanza di drag&drop nella creazione del corso.

ClickFunnels y Kajabi

Razones para elegir Teachable

Funzionalità e semplicità di uso

Costo annuale e funzionalità
Peter

Publicado el 30/5/2019

I love Teachable

I teach small-business owners sales and marketing skills via online courses. When I first crossed over from a Wordpress platform with 80 lectures, each containing video, text, PDFs, and soundtracks - the entire crossover process was completed in a day. Easy work - just lots of it. That was three years ago. Since then I've seen more than 100 students set up their own schools. They all rave about the platform.

Puntos a favor

Incredibly easy to use. Very fast to deploy a complete course with almost zero technical skill. fast and comprehensive support. Their free pricing offers a zero cost startup. It's so good that I introduce Teachable to every student I teach.

Desventajas

I love their concern about security. Just sometimes, and this is not a complaint, I offend by logging in from a different machine. That invokes two-factor authorization. It's not a problem at all, of course, but it's the feature I like least. Call me lazy.

Axel
  • Sector: Internet

Publicado el 26/4/2022

Too Expensive, Not Designed for Marketers

I wish I had signed up for the free or lower-cost plan first. It's very difficult to switch platforms, so this is a decision that requires a lot of pre-purchase diligence. I now use Systeme.io, which offers way more features at a fraction of the price.

Puntos a favor

The course building platform itself is great. Support is decent for the most part, although they don't really engage well with feature requests.

Desventajas

Teachable seems to look at sales as an incidental part of course creation and teaching. Here are a few examples:

1) They don't have a drag-and-drop landing page builder. The templates are really generic and it's hard to get a sleek-looking landing page.
2) No email automation. You can send one-off emails to your students, but that's it.
3) You can't add a lead magnet to collect email addresses. You'll have to pay for Convertkit (which is another $25/month) or another email list provider.
4) There are limited options to customize the checkout. You can't custom code (like Analytics), or so on because the checkout is hosted on sso.teachable.com. And there's no option for a two-step checkout - say goodbye to abandoned cart emails (unless you want to create a complicated integration).
5) Their "one-click-upsell" mechanics are super limited. They previously had this feature, but got rid of it when they upgraded their page builder. They now have an upsell, but the mechanics are clunky. Again - sales and marketing are not at the top of this company's mind.

On top of that, the pricing was expensive. $99/month (the lowest-priced annual plan with no transaction fee) is super high pricing for what you get. You're better off with Kartra (which costs the same as Teachable, but does way more) or Systeme.io (which has crazy-affordable pricing and really engages with users to improve the product)

Brandi
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados

Publicado el 7/9/2020

Disaster

Horrible, frustrating and a huge waste of a lot of time. Added so much more work for me to do when the point of having the software was to save me time.

Puntos a favor

Well, when I started I liked the idea of drip content for my students weekly lessons - BUT, it doesn't work properly so I can't say I liked anything about the Teachable software.

Constant Problems
The software constantly has glitches and major problems. My students have problems getting in, links do not work and have to be sent several times. My classes receive emails from other classes/courses that don't apply to their course at all.
Don't get me started on Customer Service. UGH! They replay in a decent amount of time - with a bunch of work for YOU the person paying to use their platform to read through, problem solve and basically try to figure out why THIER platform is not working properly.
For most of us we pay for a platform like this to cut down on the workload we have! Not create EXTRA work! I have spent so much time doing Teachables job that I rather create a damn Facebook group page for free and post the video learning and tutorials there. Or build it into my own website.
I can't even use their merchant services as they have asked for my tax info literally 30+ times. I sent it to them the first 10 times and just said forget it and have my student pay through our business system.
Wast of money and a HUGE waste of time.

Kajabi, Udemy Business y Thinkific

Price and features
Robin
  • Sector: Música

Publicado el 22/2/2019

Good in some areas. Poor in others.

Leadership of the company tends to focus on the money angle but I guess that's to be expected. ("You can make mega-$$$ with your courses!" and some have.) You won't find information on crafting your course but you will find plenty on how to give it a high price tag. If you can avoid the hype and have a third party email app you like to use, then Teachable is a good option. I've found it to be affordable and profitable in spite of the email problems.

Puntos a favor

The teaching platform (curriculum videos, PDFs, etc.) is good and uploads are easy. I found that building a sales page was not difficult and sending people to the sales page with discount coupons was a smooth process. Payments were collected and paid out promptly at the end of the month (for my plan). Support is by email only (no chat) and took a couple days but the answers were helpful. The plans are reasonably priced for individual teachers and consultant.

Desventajas

I have experienced serious problems with their built-in email application. Since this is the primary way teachers communicate with students, it should be a priority for them. There were days when it wasn't working when I needed to send links to live classes and webinars. It's difficult to customize "Welcome" emails and there's no way to schedule sends or save drafts. They recently announced that all emails would come from a strange looking email address that belongs to them (and has been labeled "spam" by my email hosting service). I've drawn their attention to these problems several times. The response is polite but there has been no move to improve the service. It's a very amateurish response. I would recommend looking at other services first OR be prepared to use a third party email service every time you want to reach your students, including new sign-ups.

Publicado el 24/7/2021

Decent and reliable platform but needs feature improvements

Puntos a favor

The user interface is intuitive but not that easy to use, pages take time to load.

They keep adding new features regularly, I like the recently added limited period access so I can expire my free courses which is really helpful to make my student take action complete the course on time and upgrade to my higher offers if they desire.

I love that Teachble provides unlimited students and courses/coaching plans even on the basic plan.

Has teachable university to help with setting up the courses and coaching bundles, which is beneficial for beginners setting up their e-learning platform.

If you do not want a lot of designing customization to your landing page using html etc, I have found the page builder via block elements easy to implement.

Desventajas

The web app crashes a lot when bulk uploading videos.
Cannot upload videos of size greater than 1.5 GB.
Have to pay heavy transction fee of 5% to teachable for each sale on the basic plan.

Publicado el 28/9/2022

critique de l'application Teachable

Puntos a favor

c'est le marketing de teachable les cours sont promus sur le logiciels comme ceux qui ont le plus de visibilité et donc plusieurs étudiant y adhère en plus les cours sont bien fait pour tous

Desventajas

le seul point avec teachable c'est que les cours sont un peu plus chères que la moyenne mais a part cela rien signaler

144 opiniones