Resumen de opiniones de usuarios

Sobre Clover

Clover POS is an integrated point-of-sale (POS) system with custom hardware designed for several types of retailers. This POS system is available in both web-based and server-based deployment versions and offers countertop...

Saber más

Madison
  • Sector: Hospital y atención sanitaria
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1.001-5.000 empleados

Publicado el 6/8/2018

Use in my small businees

Clover has been an excellent option for taking payments in my stores.

Puntos a favor

My coffee shop uses clover devices as our POS system. The software is convenient and easy to place in a store. It features many apps that make it applicable to nearly any market. They also have many accessories- the main one we use are the receipt printers (small and regular size), the handheld tablet, and the customer interface screen.

Desventajas

Over time the clover tablets do slow down. We frequently reboot them to rev up the speed.

tracey
  • Sector: Producción de alimentos

Publicado el 5/8/2022

I like thier hardware and software but they could improve with their customer service...being quicker and easier to contact.

Puntos a favor

I like that it is always reliable. In 2 years I haven't had any issues of errors either with the software or the machine itself.

Desventajas

It is hard to contact customer service in the rare event that you need them

Chinweikpe
  • Sector: Arte y artesanía
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 1/9/2022

Untrustworthy

Signed up with this company in March this year, what they said is not what they did;

the amount of
hidden fees this company has is truly disturbing,
not to leave out when I complained they
waved off nearly half of what they claimed I owed
them, not to leave out they have an answer for
every discrepancy one can mention.
I told them that I no longer trusted their company
for taking card payments, disconnected them
from taking payments from my bank,
disconnected the machine & went back to
using SUM UP who have no hidden fees & are
actually for businesses not out to daylight
robbery them. I have since spoken to a
number of merchants using clover to take
card payments & they also spoke if being
charged extortionate figures that were not in
the contract, I've told them to use SUM UP or
any other truly no hidden fees company to
take card payments. Since I went back to
using SUM UP my business is thriving again. If
you want a TRULY successful business DO
NOT USE THIS COMPANY TO TAKE CARD
PAYMENTS Clover then asked me for the bank
details of the bank that I was using which they
had no access to & I told them no & that I was
d going to write a review of how much if a
nightmare & a scam I found them to be.

This is the review.

Puntos a favor

The cons of using Clover far outweighs the pros, all I recall is what a nightmare the company turned out to be for my business.

Desventajas

The internet kept on ceasing despite it working perfectly fine for the first month, they I had to keep signing in, & there was nothing wrong with the internet, but that’s not my problem with the company.

Las mejores alternativas a Clover

Michelle
  • Sector: Salud, bienestar y deporte

Publicado el 31/5/2022

Simple to set up and configure. Simple to use. Flexible reporting options. Decent Support.

Clover simplified payment processing for us with easy to use devices and flexible reporting options.

Puntos a favor

Our overall experience has been great. The Clover portal is simple to set up and devices are easy to configure. Clover devices are wireless and easy for staff to use, with good user level security and flexible reporting options. We have had no issues with the devices or the service since going live.

Desventajas

If there is any WiFi interferance the devices can disconnect from the internet and prevent payment processing, this is not a Clover issue though.

jr

Publicado el 24/8/2022

clover mini is great, highly recommend, had 2 years plus

i enter the sale amount manually, customer taps, done.. print and/or text is optional..
i have 2 minis paired together, one facing staff, the other faces customer..

Puntos a favor

clover mini, didnt get/want any software.. no subscription / simple.. credit card processing only.. love it.. website dosnt really explain how simple and easy this can be.. had 2 years approx.., would get the exact same thing again.. approx 1 million a year goes through it..

Desventajas

got the clover mini only.. didnt get/want any software, didnt want the subscription cost..

Karen
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 27/7/2021

Clover is Cumbersome and You Need Third Party Paid Apps to do Basic Functionality

Want to have a seamless point of sale software and this was not it. The approval process was difficult and extensive just to find out they are out of stock of their hardware so I am charged the manual entry rate versus the keyed in rate even thought they are out of stock of Clover Go until and undetermined time.

Puntos a favor

I like the Clover Gos swipe and cost per transaction option but it is out of stock for months. I like the dashboard.

Desventajas

Wanted to import products from another system and tried to match the template provided by Clover to import and never got it in. Plus size of file is limited to 10MB which for the effort I could have keyed in the few items quickly to get to the file limit size. Customer support was painful to interact with and not helpful.

Stripe

Razones para cambiar a Clover

because of the swiping capability which does not exist on Stripe
Kara
  • Sector: Veterinaria

Publicado el 27/8/2022

Best cost efficient choice

We have been very happy with Clover. Lower processing fees and a great product.

Puntos a favor

Love the pricing, very competitive and affordable. Love all the features and ease of use. Love the website dashboard, easy to navigate. Very easy to get the staff trained and up and running. Mobile, can take outside if needed.

Desventajas

Sometimes customer service can be hard to get ahold of.

Becky
  • Sector: Restaurantes

Publicado el 26/7/2022

Would Not Recommend

When trying to cancel I experienced the worst customer service of my life. Had no issues come up through the 7 months I actually used the machine, but upon cancelation, realized how appalling their customer service was.

Puntos a favor

Hand held machine was very easy to use, large screen, had a calculator built right in, could go back and reprint bills very easily

Desventajas

When trying to cancel I experienced the worst customer service of my life. Had no issues while actually using the machine, but upon cancelation, realized how appalling the customer service was.

• Sector: Salud, bienestar y deporte
  • Software usado Otro durante Prueba gratis

Publicado el 24/8/2020

Why Does It Not Rotate?

I wish it would rotate to landscape. I would be "all in."

Puntos a favor

It looks super sleek and the option to use it on your own device was quite appealing. Set up was easy. I was able to upload all of my items and services without issue.

Desventajas

It doesn't rotate to landscape. I couldn't believe it. I uploaded everything was ready to go and then went to rotate to use the Ipad the way I do with all my other merchant services and it didn't turn. I contacted customer service, I gave feedback, I asked questions. Nothing changed. I ended up dumping it.

Han
  • Sector: Práctica médica
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 7/9/2022

Easy to use but need inprovement

Puntos a favor

It combines online ordering options and also shows any perks that the restaurants may have

Desventajas

I would prefer the app have an icon for the restaurants that has perks instead of me having to go into individual restaurant to see if they have perks or not

Luigi
  • Sector: Alimentación y bebidas

Publicado el 26/4/2021

Easy, simple and effective

Very positive. It's ease of use makes it suitable for every demographic and It integrates well with our other systems like Shopify and Shopventory.

Puntos a favor

Since this system uses android OS so it follows a familiar mobile OS layout.

The system is extremely easy to use. I repeat, EXTREMELY easy to use. So easy that the boomers in our company did find it too difficult to learn.

It's large buttons and integrated barcode scanner makes transactions quick and smooth.

It integrates with most common applications such as Quickbooks & Shopify.

The option to search for products by typing the name is extremely useful.

As one of our owners put it, "It's pretty hard to make a mistake on it, even for a caveman like me."

Desventajas

It's certainly not as advanced as other point of sales systems I've used in the past.

Sometimes simple commands are buried in sub folders. For example, if you want to delete an entire order, you are required to push three dots at the top of the order, then select the "delete order" option from a list of commands. While simple is steps, the lack of clarity when while locating the the action can slow you down when you are busy.

A massive con is the that it does not natively support variable priced items by weight. In order to add this as an option, we're required to pay an extra $10 a month.

Something that has also been massively disappointing is that you can not increase the price of an item during the sale. If an item is at a fixed priced, you can not increase the price, you can only reduce the price or provide an item discount. This is a disadvantage if you don't necessarily need an item to be a variable priced item, of if an item is priced incorrectly. It forces you to use the open item option.

Graham

Publicado el 23/11/2020

Not for Retailers

The problems come with the back office.
The inventory system is basic to say the least, items sold at the till do decrease the totals, but all purchase quatities have to be done manually, you cannot set min and max stock levels, or re-order levels with the bundled system, so re-orders have to have a physical stock check, I am still trying to work out how this saves me time and money.
Clover relies heavily on thrid party APPs, which they absolve themselves of all responsibility in their T's & C's. These Apps are expensive
(The Shopventory APP is £40 Pm +VAT)
The E-Commerce integration does not work.
The Magento integration is for Magento 1m which was made obsolete in June 2018, and is no longer supported.
The Shopify integration does not work either, and for me failed at the first hurdle, (I have now been waiting 14 days for a fix).
I purchased a barcode reader they recommended, not even their support staff could get it to work, I was promised a fix, five months ago.
In my opinon this system out of the box is not for retail, unless you want to see your profits dwindle through the purchase of expensive APP's.
The actual helpdesk staff are very helpful, but they can only do so much.
The actual management are a nightmare to deal with.
I first presented some of these issues within 30 days and was promised a fix, five months later I am being told that even though I registered those issues it will cost me over £1500 to get out of a 48 month contract.

Puntos a favor

The till itself is fantastic, it looks ultra sleek and ultra modern, customers love it.
And that is about it

Desventajas

It was sold to me as a solution to me retail needs it certainly is not

Elizabeth
  • Sector: Entretenimiento

Publicado el 10/5/2020

Almost Great...

My overall experience with clover has spanned from the creation of menus and items with sub menus and add ons for each item, as well as specials for days of the week as well as happy hour times to daily usage for pos transactions. Overall I have been very happy with everything, other than the need to set up account through bank, as I mentioned before.

Puntos a favor

I love how easy it is to use clover for grab and go, sit down service, or retail services. It is the only pos system I know of that is easy to use for one or all three of the above type of service. With one pos you can easily switch apps and have optimized layout and design for each of the above, while keeping the same items and menus/submenus.

Desventajas

I dislike that it has to be used through your bank. It makes it really hard for management to have the ability to access customer support and full features, since most owners dont want their employees, even management, to have access to full banking info.

Aloha EPOS

Razones para elegir Clover

Better overall bundles and all inclusive services made clover a sole replacement for multiple previous softwares.

Square for Restaurants

Razones para cambiar a Clover

Again it allowed for the use of only one company/software versus having to use multiple items for different needs such as pos transactions, inventory, scheduling etc.

Publicado el 31/3/2018

An out of the box solution that works well for small business

Clover is an excellent and good looking choice for a small to medium size business in need of a reliable and cost effective solution. You will be pleased as I have been. The system offers quite a bit of integrations and once implemented you will be amazed at the power of this system. I wish we could have linked all stores together but we were only allowed three machines to link per location. Overall, an excellent POS!

Puntos a favor

I was in search for s POS for three thrift stores my nonprofit operated. The old cash register no longer fits the internal control environment and a switch was desperately needed. After researching multiple platforms I opted for Clover. The others were simply too expensive and too complex for our needs. The Clover system worked brilliantly and continues to power the sales desk at all three stores. Each store has three registers and we were able to link the three to the main server to aggregate totals for each store. Sales increased and customer satisfaction went up as well. Clover has a host of apps to integrate including inventory management, time and attendance, markdowns, and a customer loyalty program which was a hit with our customers. The Clover system is truly a remarkable POS for the price of entry. The sleek modern look keeps the cash wrap looking clean and updated. The Digital receipt and signature has cut down on paper waste and makes us feel like we are doing out part to create less stress on the environment. Overall this is a simple and powerful solution that powers millions in annual retail sales for the organization.

Desventajas

The one setback is the operating system is Android. I find Android to be clunky and prone to security threats. We had to ensure we had it on a secure network and well protected by firewalls. Additionally it took some time to learn the system. Disclaimer- we operated on a complete iOS ecosystem until we bright on Clover. So not a big setback just more learning.

Rachel

Publicado el 20/7/2021

Too Simple without the Addition of Add-Ons

In our experience, clover has been nothing more than a fancy credit card reader. Our entire company runs through a third party app that manages clover from the other side. The only use clover has become to us is, to accept payment and we are currently looking into changing to a system that better suits our needs.

Puntos a favor

The aesthetic of the hardware fits on par with what is trending. The ability to utilize the barcode scanner is also nice.

Desventajas

In order to run our business effectively we had to download so many third party apps to do what we had been doing for 30 years on an outdated system. It felt like a slap in the face as it was a turning point for us to upgrade all the systems only to find it was nearly useless for what we needed it to continue doing for us.

MicroBiz Cloud POS

Razones para elegir Clover

We were running the old versions of Microbiz (not Microbiz Cloud POS.) We were making the change to integrate our brick and mortar into an online store as well and the options were not ideal for staying with Microboz. Our payment processing provider recommended clover so we went with them in order to not have to change our longstanding relationship with the local payment processing company.

Razones para cambiar a Clover

Cost efficiency and apparent easy of use.
DUSTIN
  • Sector: Propiedad inmobiliaria

Publicado el 18/11/2020

Best platform out there for mobile payments

I have had nothing but positives with Clover. It has streamlined my company's credit card processing and actually brought customers in because I accept cards.

Puntos a favor

The app is extremely easy to use and simplifies my mobile payment processing. I have tried at least five other companies/apps and Clover is by far the best. From the very beginning of a payment to emailing the receipt, Clover is extremely smooth and user freindly.

Desventajas

It won't let me type my full company name.

Quickbooks Online

cost per transaction

PayPal

cost
Sylvia

Publicado el 24/2/2017

Clover Pos

From the pos system itself, we are multistore, so that is added complications for the clover system. On the register side, looking up customer names is complicated, you type the last name, but cannot enter the full name or it will not find it, so you enter the last name and have to scroll through the list of lets say 50 last name of smith, takes way to much time, and really difficult on the mini with the small screen. To increase quantity you have to go to another screen and then back again, more time, If one person does a price check by entering an item because a customer wants the total with tax, even though you delete the item, or clear open order, if a second sales person then logs in to check someone out the order still reads with the first person doing the sale even though they logged out. From the dashboard side, no ability to print many things such as transfer slips from HQ to the other 3 stores, once it is transferred it is on the screen until the store accepts the item in, after that the info is gone, and you cannot access for questions, etc. the lack of alphabetical order on many functions, the tax functions, if you use different tax rate for each of our 3 taxing authorities, as we did (and would prefer) say you have 10,000. in sales, 3 tax rates, when they are done separately the total income would then become 30,000.00, so many of the reports are not accurate as they read.

Puntos a favor

clover has been making some updates in the months since we have been using them, which have been good and helpful, but much is needed to make it functional for a multistore, without having to pay way to much monthly for apps to do things

Desventajas

to get even what I would consider basic functions, purchase more apps that would raise the monthly cost out of reach, sometimes the apps will show different figures, when creating an item, for our multistore setting, I can create for all 4 locations at once, with name, label, category, cost, price, but the tax rate, I have to go into a different screen for each location and fix all tax rates, very time consuming

Lawrence
  • Sector: Comercio mayorista

Publicado el 14/6/2022

Customer Service

Trying to get the original set up support is terrible. You will spend hours on the phone on hold, then transferred to another line to start over waiting, only to be dropped and start over. I have had this experience every time we reactivate our machines. Billing is another issue. We use these on a seasonal and reactivation is a nightmare.

Puntos a favor

Nice user friendly once up and running.

Desventajas

Inventory is hard to duplicate in all machines. When you download the template it has several errors when importing.

Razones para elegir Clover

Update
Jodi
  • Sector: Práctica médica
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 2-10 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante Más de dos años
  • Fuente de la opinión

Publicado el 21/1/2020

Great payment processing device

Clover payment system has been really great for our spa. Really easy to run transactions, reports or refunds. The customer service has been knowledgeable and super friendly when we have had any issues.

Puntos a favor

It’s is super easy to take and track transactions. Has report capabilities And many functions. It is super easy to use. I have two different clover devices for different providers and they are all great.

Desventajas

The software itself is wonderful. The only issue I have is with the flex portable device on/off button. It is on the side and client constantly hit the button when they are picking up to sign for a transaction. The button should be on back underneath where it can’t be accidentally touched.

Square Payments

Razones para cambiar a Clover

Love the functions on the clover and the receipts it prints.
Phil

Publicado el 17/6/2022

Could be incredible, but appears to be more geared toward restaurants instead of retail

It's been okay. When something goes wrong, there can be a lot of runaround from different techs. There is a support number that we have to contact for technical issues, a different one for banking issues, and a third for issues with certain settings within the system. It would be helpful if there was one tech support contact instead of three. The main tech support doesn't usually seem to be very knowledgeable, and have to reach out to a specialist to figure out how to help most of the time.

Puntos a favor

Clover itself wouldn't be much more than a payment processing system if it wasn't for the many apps that you can add to make it work for your business. The catch is, most of the add on apps cost a monthly fee. The option to have these apps make Clover incredibly customizable to fit exactly what you need for your store. Overall, we still saved money switching to Clover from our previous company.

Desventajas

The software seems to be geared more toward the restaurant industry. When we got it, we did so because it was supposed to be for all retail. We likely would not have gone this route if we had known what we do now, but we have made it work for a retail setting with the help of certain apps.

Francesco

Publicado el 6/7/2022

A No-brainer to be your perfect POS

The experience has been easy and helpful. Honestly compared to my last POS my overall stress levels have declined by 99%

Puntos a favor

Easy to set up and use, inventory management works very wells

Wish it integrated better with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify & Magento

Razones para elegir Clover

Was outdated; updates no longer supported

Cash Register Express

Razones para cambiar a Clover

Better credit card processing fees
NICHOLE
  • Sector: Cuidado de la salud mental

Publicado el 18/5/2021

Easy to use and a lot of features

My overall experience has been good with Clover. They do have a lot of features we love like invoicing clients directly to their email (it does not track your invoices but it has a pay now button where your client can free type their own information and their payment info is directly emailed to the main user). I also like the modern look of the equipment. I wish the banks and clover had a more direct with each other relationship instead of putting me in the middle.

Puntos a favor

I like the ease of using Clover. Our office has a clover mini that we pass back and forth to the client and we use the virtual terminal for clients who wish to pay over the phone for their telehealth services. Clover also has an invoicing feature that has helped us greatly during this pandemic.

Desventajas

The machines are costly and because we are on a contract changing your system as your business changes are not easily done. I am not sure if part of this is my bank but I am currently paying for a clover mini I am unable to transfer or switch. The communication between the bank and clover seems to be convoluted. I would make sure you choose a system that has the opportunity to change before 2 years.

Kelly
  • Sector: Alimentación y bebidas

Publicado el 16/12/2019

Ideal POS system for a food truck.

Overall a very positive experience! Great for foodservice and customer support has been able to quickly resolve issues whenever they came up.

Puntos a favor

The interface is clear, easily navigated and very editable to meet your needs. This has been ideal for our coffee truck that enjoys making custom, often complicated orders.

Desventajas

"Waking up" the system is a slow process, often takes us somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes every morning. Most days we have to do a full reboot in order to get things operational.

Square Point of Sale y Shopify POS

Square Point of Sale y Shopify POS
Chenna
  • Sector: Restaurantes

Publicado el 28/7/2020

Clover for restaurants

Excellent in every possible way conceivable. We didn't have any major challenges during the last 2+ years of the usage.

Puntos a favor

Extremely easy to configure and change on the fly or on the internet, so, you don't have to be next to the machine to change or update anything. I can walk my Manager through this without any issues at all. The customer support is great. They are literally one call away. And anyone from the restaurant can call from the system, so, they don't have to provide any details on the account etc. Also, they can remotely log into the system directly and change things that we request, which is great, so, as a business owner I am not tied up to the system having to do everything myself.

Desventajas

Some of the features need us to call the Clover Customer Support. Also, in the good old restaurant POS systems you can print the bill and the customer adds the tip manually on paper. Also, the system automatically prints Receipts even though we touch the No Receipt Printed option. They need to fix that to avoid the waste of paper.

Katie
  • Sector: Cuidado de la salud mental

Publicado el 3/12/2019

Easy to Use and Competitive Rates

Overall, the product is simple enough to use that I am not worried about any of our contracted therapists messing up the process and avoiding taking payments.

Puntos a favor

What I like most about Clover is that it can be downloaded on any smart device as app and has an easy to use card chip reader. Our agency wanted a chip reader for extra customer security and Clover offered that option.

Desventajas

I like least about the software is that is does not capture customer information as simple as their first and last name, but simply has a text box for a description. Our agency uses the device for customer copays for therapy appointments and in the text box I am forced to put the customers last name in order to reconcile payments later.

Square Payments

Razones para cambiar a Clover

The start up costs and credit card processing fees were lower.
373 opiniones