Opiniones de iSqFt for General Contractors

Radiah A. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados

19/10/2019

19/10/2019

Get The Right Jobs

Asistencia

Overall experience is positive I don’t know what I was doing before it. I’m glad we purchased this software.

Puntos a favor

Very easy to search and bid on jobs in our trade this field is so competitive in our area this software is very up to date with continuous opportunities.

Puntos en contra

So far I love love this software it helps us so much to see the competition out there and where we can improve at to get our bids in and secure the contract.

Brittany D. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados

8/5/2020

8/5/2020

One of the Best

Asistencia

Overall all I highly recommended this software. It is great and works well with me helping to complete my daily job.

Puntos a favor

I love that whenever a project comes through I can track it and then any thing that comes about with that project I get notified. Our Account manager helped me to get the know the platform, walk me through and answered all my questions.

Puntos en contra

Sometimes the System freezes maybe to much being put into the system by the General Contractor. But regards I notify my account manager and it is fix pretty quick. I couldn't ask for a better service. Would like to be notified when a project has been awarded and by who.

Dani B. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados

3/2/2017

3/2/2017

Not what it used to be

Asistencia

I used iSqFt for a short while before their last major overhaul and it definitely needed to be updated, but they took out a lot of features that make it almost as difficult to work with. I rate software based on the number of clicks it takes me to get something done and the last update has actually added more clicks.

Customer Support often has their hands tied because the system "was designed to work that way."

Puntos a favor

A much easier platform to work with. It has an updated feel to it, but this is probably the only good thing about it. I can navigate fairly easily between tabs such as bidder's invite list and the details of the project.

I can see fairly easily who has received the invite and who didn't.

Puntos en contra

Since the update, I have to now add contacts such as the architect, engineer, general contractor, etc. for a project individually instead of pulling from the contacts list. Some projects have up to 10 different professionals between the architect, mechanical eng, electrical eng, structural eng, site, GC, owner, etc. We even have to enter our own information if we want to add the estimator to the list.

Second most frustrating part is the bidder's list. We don't usually invite all bidders so we have a condensed list that we pull from. The site has a main directory and then we can add contacts to our personal directory, but sometimes the actual person isn't the one that we deal with. We can't modify "our" contacts because everything is saved by the email address. If the bidder changes anything, we have to manually sync with our contact list. I believe before, all contacts were "our" contacts.

The bidder's invite process is also time-consuming because I have to click a button to expand the spec section and then click the bidders from that section. Then click the next spec section to expand the bidder's list and click the bidder's I want to invite. Clicking individual bidders has always been ok, but the extra step I have to take is opening each spec section rather than just a complete list of bidders. This can add up to 20-30 extra clicks when I'm sending out bid invites.

Finding bidders that aren't on our condensed list also takes a lot of work. I have to search for a bidder (maybe by company name, phone, email, etc.) and then select them to add to the bid list. That takes me back to the list of bidders I'm inviting. Each time I add someone, it always takes me back to the main list and I have re-open the search window again to find the next person, not on our condensed list. So the steps are to (1) open the search window (2) type in and search for the company I need (3) select them from the search results (4) add to the list at which point that search window closes. Start back at step (1) again if I have more than company to add. The alternative is to not select bidders from our condensed list, to begin with, but that list is vast and would take just as long, if not longer, to scan through when I'm adding a handful of bidders from one spec section.

One other thing I wish they would change was the home projects screen. It shows all active, inactive, and archived projects. I can uncheck the inactive/archived or check the bidding only projects, but it changes back to the default to show all projects every time I log in. I wish I could start each session with just the active bidding projects.

They also changed the way documents are saved. Once I upload drawings or specs, I have to manually edit each file with the page numbers. This is minor and I've noticed that most other companies don't even bother to specify the number of pages in each file or the page size. If you upload each spec section as a separate file, making this change (which involves in several clicks per edit) can be very time-to consume.

Consejos útiles

I know a lot of companies use this, but there has to be a better option out there.

Alise F. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados

23/6/2020

23/6/2020

iSqFt for Construction

Asistencia

The company is still making improvements to the software. It is a slow process, but customer service is great at keeping me informed. There is a lot of room for improvement, but overall I am content with this software.

Puntos a favor

Customer service is great, and I've had this software for nearly a year. I love the east of creating projects that will be extended out for bid. The feature of being able to create spreadsheets is fantastic. My favorite feature is probably tracking.

Puntos en contra

This software can be rather slow to be an online platform, and the changes that are made take a long time to roll out.

Timothy D. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados

7/2/2020

7/2/2020

ISQFT FOR FLOORING CONTRACTORS

Asistencia

I've used the software since it was first released and have purchased it at three separate companies and in each case I was able to show them that it cut the take-off time in half. So its well worth the cost for a small company to invest in the software.

Puntos a favor

THE EASE OF SET UP AND THE EASY LEARNING CURVE.

Puntos en contra

THERE IS VERY LITTLE TO NOT LIKE ABOUT THE SOFTWARE, UNLESS YOU DOING 20+ MILLION DOLLAR PROJECTS WHICH MOST SUBCONTRACTORS ARE NOT DOING.

Sumi O. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados

26/8/2019

26/8/2019

iSqFt - Good basic Program

Asistencia

I have used iSqFt every day for the past 3.5 years. It has been a very handy tool, and there are always new features that I am discovering as I use it.

Puntos a favor

It is relatively straightforward to use. Copying projects is a huge time saver, as well as being able to search for companies that match the trades you are searching for on any specific project.

Puntos en contra

Editing company information and contact information is not always the easiest. Sometimes it is hard to delete a contact or change the information and people who do not want to receive invites, still receive them.

Vanessa L. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados

16/1/2020

16/1/2020

LOVE IT

Asistencia

WE LOVE THIS SOFTWARE TO LOOK FOR PROJECTS! THE COST IS WORTH IT!

Puntos a favor

WE USE THIS SOFTWARE DAILY TO LOOK FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF BIDS AROUND FLORIDA AND GEORGIA. ITS VERY FUNCTIONAL AND RELIABLE. IF YOU HAVE A PROJECT ID # ITS EVEN EASIER AND GETS YOU TO WHAT PROJECT YOU WANT. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GREAT!

Puntos en contra

IT CAN BE A BIT CONFUSING WHEN BEING A BIT SPECIFIC FOR THE TYPE OF BID YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. BUT ONCE SPEAKING TO CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY EXPLAIN EVERYTHING GOOD AND GUIDE YOU THROUGH IT!

Larry L. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  51-200 empleados Número de empleados:  51-200 empleados

1/11/2019

1/11/2019

Easy to use.

Asistencia

With this software my takeoffs were done quicker and more accurately. I was able to get more bids out.

Puntos a favor

The fact that it can be customized to what I'm working on. I could enter the materials that I use, and assemblies that are the most common.

Puntos en contra

The learning curve was not the greatest. It took a little while to get it down, but once I got it. I was off to the races.

Gary R. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados

9/2/2017

9/2/2017

Fuente de la reseña

Good system if it fits your market well

Asistencia

Nice system for finding jobs to bid on and reviewing specs/plans. The problem with our market (South Dakota) is they seem to be a little weak in our extremely rural market. If you try the demo and there seems to be a good fit for your market it would definitely be worth the price!

Puntos a favor

Good for having plans/specs on jobs advertised. Ease of use is good. Good support network.

Puntos en contra

seems to have less jobs in extremely rural areas. Pretty expensive if they don't have the number of jobs in your market.

Consejos útiles

Try it and if it seems to have a good amount of jobs then definitely buy it!

Craig C. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados

7/11/2016

7/11/2016

iSqFt for General Contractors

Asistencia

Program takes awhile to learn. But so does everything worth the time. Once applications are catered to your business, it will become easier.

Puntos a favor

Transfer and share files easily

Puntos en contra

Take a while to learn program

Consejos útiles

Give it time to learn, it may end up being a great fit for your company.

Susana M. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados

23/12/2019

23/12/2019

Great Project Application

Asistencia

I have nothing bad to say about this application, I've never had to contact support so that's why I put one star on that section because I don't even know what it's like to have an interaction with the support team. There are times that I rather use this website over others because the drawings are easier to download. It's even easy to look at the drawings.

Puntos a favor

I like that it's straight to the point, easy to use, no unnecessary things on it, easy to understand.

Puntos en contra

There is really nothing that stands out as something that I don't like, maybe I'd like for it to look a little more up to date but not even that, I like the way it looks anyhow.

Tammy G. Especialidad: Seguridad e investigaciones Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados

1/11/2018

1/11/2018

Excellent

Asistencia

ISQFT is an excellent investment if your company is bidding a lot of projects. You get a personal account manager who is always available to help you customize your software.

Puntos a favor

I love ISQFT! It makes doing takeoffs on projects simple and helps us win more bids on jobs. I love having all of the project information in one spot.

Puntos en contra

The only negative would be the cost for small businesses.

Patrick M. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados

22/11/2018

22/11/2018

Fuente de la reseña

Decent option for organization of the bidding process.

Puntos a favor

Isqft really helps to connect you to bidding opportunities and general contractors. It helps you keep track of what you are bidding and in what stage of the process the bid is in.

Puntos en contra

Wish they would update bid info sooner, although I understand that sometimes they are at the mercy of people sending them the information.

Marty R.

28/3/2018

28/3/2018

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Great way to find new business

Puntos a favor

We use this program to find new jobs that are coming out and to look at plans for jobs that we're working on. It's easy to use. The search can be narrowed or expanded to get a wide variety of plans. They have a bunch of great information online to use.

Puntos en contra

ISQFT needs to promote themselves more, so we can get more projects to bid. I'm not sure their Risk Management assessment is the best either.

Jeremy M. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  201-500 empleados Número de empleados:  201-500 empleados

7/5/2018

7/5/2018

Fuente de la reseña

This program works really well.

Puntos a favor

This product has given us the opportunity to bid on multiple jobs. Is a great product that opens up many opportunities.

Puntos en contra

Some of the files that we have received from this website we were unable to open. Other than that I have no complaints.

Ben B. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  51-200 empleados Número de empleados:  51-200 empleados

25/1/2018

25/1/2018

Good Product for the money

Puntos a favor

I like the national contractor listing that allows for a database as we travel into new markets with our team.

Puntos en contra

It would be nice to incorporate a rating system for the subs to allow for better control on invites that may go out.

Brandy S.

26/7/2013

26/7/2013

Asistencia

I’ve worked in construction for almost eight years, and I know the value of a software that works and helps you do your job efficiently. As an estimator, software that lacks adequate training support but costs less can actually add up to greater expense in terms of time and money.

Fortunately, iSqFt is user-friendly, affordable, and comes with training support that is customized for us.

When I started with Hill & Wilkinson, I inherited an application that was not iSqFt, but learned that the company had used iSqFt in the past. The reason for the change was to save the company money. But the software was hard to navigate, and training support was limited to generic online sessions. I would call customer service and was told to watch a video. That was both time-consuming and hard on our team. So I reconnected with iSqFt.

Our representative, Jeff Underbrink, walked us through how to use iSqFt and answered all of our questions. We negotiated a good contract that enabled us to call or email anytime we needed training support – with a real person. What a difference!

Using iSqFt, we can set up projects, trades, and find and invite subs in half the time it took us with the other software.

Bottomline, iSqFt helps us excel at what we do. As a large general contractor in the Southwest region, we can get bids out in a timely manner and manage our projects efficiently.

It’s great to have iSqFt supporting our growth and success!

Dean C.

6/3/2013

6/3/2013

Asistencia

Vogel Bros. Building Co. has been using iSqFt for about 8 years now, as of early 2013, and it has given us an easy way to get more and better bids, improved our efficiency, and helped us communicate with our subs.

Before we signed up with iSqFt, we had trouble reaching enough subcontractor bidders to provide competitive pricing. iSqFt has let us reach way more subcontractors, and has helped us find subcontractors with specific skill sets or specialties. Just that has helped Vogel Bros. Building Co. grow and has increased the number of jobs we’ve won.

iSqFt has also given us the tools we need to do more in less time, reducing stress levels and increasing our work rate. In a tight economy, companies need to find efficiencies and take advantage of the tools that help them work smarter. iSqFt has done that for us.

Our team can now do more with less, helping us quickly communicate with our subcontractors. This communication can be one-to-one, but iSqFt also makes it easy to send messages to everyone working on a project, with just a few clicks. In fact, our project assistants appreciate the ability to quickly update addenda to subcontractors in a matter of minutes.

The bottom line is that using iSqFt in our daily work has helped us save both time and money. Prior to using iSqFt, the work that we handle now would’ve required adding an extra full-time employee, making iSqFt one of the best values around.

Ron C. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  51-200 empleados Número de empleados:  51-200 empleados

24/1/2019

24/1/2019

iSqFt

Asistencia

With the Con listed above, once you get iSqFt set up the way the works best for your company, the program is a time saver when putting jobs out to bid, you can set automatic reminders to go out, you can quickly add bidders to your projects.

Puntos a favor

iSqFt is a better alternative to Building Connected, while it does require a bit more involvement than BC, I like that it offers more options and tracking. I like that your database is yours, but you can also pull from the iSqFt database as well and add those contacts into your database for future use.

Puntos en contra

I would say the con would be that the program requires more involvement and you need to be a little more tech savvy than other programs out there. the program take a little time to set it up the way that works best for your company.

Brett W. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados

13/6/2018

13/6/2018

User-Friendly File-Sharing Platform!

Puntos a favor

The best part of this program is the ease of use and the simplistic nature of how files are distributed from clients or to clients. The layout of the program is easy to understand for everyone and it is also very organized.

Puntos en contra

The only complaint that I would have on this software is that sometimes the program likes to log you out after only a few days of non-use. Otherwise this is a great platform.

Jerry W. Especialidad: Construcción

15/9/2016

15/9/2016

Fuente de la reseña

It gives me the ability to access plans and do a takeoff on my compute

Puntos a favor

The software allows me to review jobs to determine whether or not i want to bid them. It makes it very easy to bid jobs right in my office and compiles all the measurements on spreadsheet for a comprehensive review of the job before i submit a bid.
The software is easy to use foe a person who is not computer literate, and the technical support is available within minutes of a phone call.

Puntos en contra

there is nothing I don't like about the company or the software

Consejos útiles

I am not very computer savvy, but the company does video training and gives me access to a tutorial on any aspect of the program, and will log into the program to help me understand something i cannot comprehend. I really like this program and it allows me to bid more jobs than i was able to before we purchased the software.

Manuel C. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  201-500 empleados Número de empleados:  201-500 empleados

8/8/2017

8/8/2017

Fuente de la reseña

iSqFt is old, outdated and unreliable.

Asistencia

I think my cons remark pretty much says it all.

Puntos a favor

When if first came out 10 or 12 years ago it was very good. But now it is old, outdated and unreliable.

Puntos en contra

You gave full access to the subcontractors which made your system unreliable. Many of the subcontractors and suppliers went into the system and tagged themselves for every trade on the list instead of their specific trade. This made your system very unreliable at best for monitoring sub responses. And difficult and time consuming when selecting specific subs for each of the trades. Just as example, when you look up electrical subs you also have landscape subs, roofers, door suppliers, drywall subs, painter, plumbers, HVAC sub in the electrical category because you let subs tag themselves for all trades. Instead of sorting through 300 electrical subs I have to sort through 900 subs, most of them not electrical subs. Not sure if that was your intent but it is what has happened.

Usuario verificado Especialidad: Servicios para el consumidor Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados Número de empleados:  13-50 empleados

28/11/2017

28/11/2017

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Daily user, find many solid leads

Puntos a favor

There is an abundance of project leads with multiple companies. Both large and small general contractors are on the site.

Puntos en contra

It's open to a lot of bidders which leaves me blind to number of competition. Sometimes general contractors use the site just to get numbers for their bids.

Cliff K. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  Trabajador autónomo Número de empleados:  Trabajador autónomo

8/3/2017

8/3/2017

iSqFt

Asistencia

iSqFt is an awesome program to use. As long as the General Contractor uses it and you are on their bid list, you will see every bid they post.

Jake M. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados

5/4/2019

5/4/2019

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

I get most of my business through iSqFt

Puntos a favor

Oh man, where do I begin... I love iSqFt! I recently started a new business selling/installing window coverings for commercial buildings and I have won most of my bids using iSqFt. It's easy to use, functional, and has tons of users (GC's). My dad works for Atlanta Flooring and also uses iSqFt. He loves to software and gets a large percentage of business through it too.

Puntos en contra

The only complaint I have is that sometimes when viewing PDFs it can be a little sensitive, especially when trying to zoom in on large floor plans. However, this could just be user error!