Opiniones de CoConstruct

Tina H. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados

9/10/2018

9/10/2018

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

So interactive and customizable yet amazingly affordable!

Asistencia

We are a home builder and we use this platform as our foundation with every client. We track the progress of construction from start to end along with all building documents, forms, pricing, quoting, plans, and more. We could not function the way we do without this software.

Puntos a favor

I love that there are already existing premade templates but that I can easily customize them. I love that I can engage with both my clients and vendors in this platform. It's a place that holds all of the information for each project in one place from contracts, to plans, to change orders, invoices, pdf's, and more.

Puntos en contra

There is so much in the program it can seem a little overwhelming at first, but once you get in there and realize how effective this can make you, your team, and your company, it is worth exploring and ensuring you use every aspect of the platform.

Sam G. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados

19/3/2020

19/3/2020

Fuente de la reseña

Great program. Incredible value.

Asistencia

I've truly been impressed with CoConstruct's customer service, webinar, and coaching availability. They have trained their staff well and it shows - they are also staffed accordingly. The system is robust and is able to meet you where you are at - if your current system is advanced - this is a good product for you. If your current system is under-developed and needs some shoring up - this is a good product for you.

My coach, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows his stuff and has been extremely helpful through implementation and now operations and maintenance.

Puntos a favor

There are too many positive aspects to list - the way it has aided in our process management is priceless. From bidding to pre-construction and construction thru warranty, CoConstruct simplifies these processes and helps you ensure that each phase gets the attention it needs. Selections have been easier, sales have been smoother, and the communication aspect of the system is a game changer. It has helped maintain a consistent and detailed flow of communication with my customers, which is HUGE!

Puntos en contra

There are always features of a project management software that don't quite fit as precisely as you'd like into your current work-flow system. I treated this as an opportunity to reevaluate my process and if I could do things differently or better. There are few aspects of the software that I would say do not fit my company at this time. Implementation, as far as kicking it off to my suppliers and subcontractors, perhaps, has been the most challenging. However, it has not been a HUGE challenge - I've found that the majority of my subs and suppliers like the software and are looking forward to learning more about it.

Ed S. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados

5/2/2021

5/2/2021

Fuente de la reseña: Capterra

Great for my Custom Home Building Company!

Asistencia

We use this mainly for client communication, daily log and picture and document distribution.

Puntos a favor

The two features that I like the most are: The customer communication and the scheduling. Most of the other features are similar to similar products but these two features stand out!

Puntos en contra

I do not use all of the features on this platform but they are similar to other products in this category. The iPhone App could use a refresh at the time of this review.

Wendy M. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  11-50 empleados Número de empleados:  11-50 empleados

8/2/2021

8/2/2021

Disappointing

Valor

Initially, we thought it was ok. Every day we worked, however, we found more and more workarounds. they far outweighed the positives early on. Truth is, the salesperson had MORE than enough information to know that we wouldn't be a good fit, but they lied to us. As a service-based business, this is a joke of a program. It's made for companies with FEW customers and FEWER jobs. If you're trying to get by with not activating your customers - nothing works correctly. the system ABSOLUTELY does not "integrate" with Quickbooks. It only accepts SOME information - and what it allows leaves you having to duplicate entry more than 1/2 of your jobs data. Even moving from the "leads" module to a customer after they sign, only gives you the BARE minimum information on the customer. Most of the data doesn't even transfer. When you try to do more - like we hired a professional consultant for $600 to help us - we just found out more lies and more problems until we finally gave up.

Puntos a favor

The customer integration is nice. The system was stable even out in the field.

Puntos en contra

The customer service STUNK. The sales staff knew FULL WELL what we needed and why, and they lied to us to get the sale. 6 months in we found out the REAL answer of the Quickbooks integration - basically it sucks.
We were looking to eliminate places of duplicate entry - not create more. Document management is horrible. basically a DOS system where you can't even scroll in between photos. Lack of ability to have a customer, be a trades partner, be a subcontractor - which happens all the time.

Respuesta: CoConstruct 18/2/2021

Wendy, Thanks for sharing your experience with us. This isn't the typical feedback we receive + we always strive to provide top notch service to our customers. I want you to know that we've heard your feedback + will reiterate to our sales team the importance of ensuring a good fit. We're specifically designed for custom home builders and remodelers, but many other businesses, like yours, can find success with CoConstruct. In a review of your interactions with our team, we did do everything we could to accommodate your needs. All tickets submitted were addressed + when your 1st coach wasn't a fit, we assigned a new one + extra sessions to help with your success. We're are surprised to hear about your QuickBooks concerns, since our integration is widely considered the best on the market. If there are any other specifics that you'd like to share, we'd be happy to dive in more. We hope you are able to find another application that is better designed for your business.
BW, Marketing

Sean B. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  51-200 empleados Número de empleados:  51-200 empleados

26/5/2020

26/5/2020

Free Trial is a Scam!

Asistencia

Free Trial is a scam! They don't provide any real experience with use of the software. Sales Consultants tell you that the only way to see how the software works is to sign up to the so-called "Free" trial. Although we ask them to implement templates, spends tens of hours to trial the software. Once we decided not to use it due to its big flaws in scheduling, accounting and day to day operation, they confirmed its all good and the refund will be processed. Later on, when I went through our Credit Card statement, I realised they never refunded. When I contacted them, they said we had to go through three official implementation sessions. Why should we go through Online Implementation Sessions if after getting to the details, the sales consultants confirm that it won't do what we need it to do!? What a scam!

Puntos a favor

Some general functionalities were okay but you can never try the actual software without purchasing the trial, so it looks good on the surface only.

Puntos en contra

Major flaws in accounting, scheduling and day to day job management such a submitting variations via phone.

Respuesta: CoConstruct 5/6/2020

Sean This is Donny Wyatt, Founder and CEO at CoConstruct, and I wanted to personally respond since we'd never want one of our customers to have what sounds like a bait-and-switch situation. I am having our team confirm that your refund was processed. If it wasn't for some reason, we'll make sure it is. Secondly, I want to clarify about the "free trial," since we have never offered a free trial in our 15-year history, nor used that "trial" language on our website. Some of our competitors do use that term (even though they don't actually offer free trials, either). So, I wanted to dispel concerns about our offer. However, you did sign up at a time when we offered a money back guarantee, which we'll absolutely make sure we fulfill. Finally, I hope we can reach out to get your concerns about the product itself. We don't try to be all things to all companies, but we can't improve if we don't ask. Thanks for posting, and I hope this addresses at least the most pressing of your concerns.

Russell M. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  11-50 empleados Número de empleados:  11-50 empleados

9/2/2021

9/2/2021

Connections with CoConstruct

Asistencia

Overall pretty solid program. The Customer Service experience has assisted greatly in adapting to the program.

Puntos a favor

The estimating software is pretty great. The Bidding software is great, as long as people understand the basics of technology. Unfortunately the Construction field does not focus on technology.

Puntos en contra

1.) When printing off the budget page There is no real way to get an overview in a quick manner. We have to minimize each individual item.
2.) There is not a way to keep incoming invoices. We can send invoices, those invoices are tracked well.
3.) The Mobile app is severely lacking. The crew is primarily on the ground and trying to conduct a lot of business on-the-go. Proposals are not accessible on the mobile app.
4.) The template mark-ups are not transferred with the templates.

Douglas D. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados

5/9/2019

5/9/2019

CoConstruct Remodeler

Asistencia

It’s like all software where you have to set it up to customize it for yourself but it’s not hard

Puntos a favor

Everything is great but AWAs getting approved is the number one. Remodeling always has changed CC makes it so easy to give customers options with price and once they select the one they want the $$ go right onto to their balance

Puntos en contra

It’s not that I don’t like the scheduling I just wish you could see all the project schedules could be seen on a master schedule

Respuesta: CoConstruct 11/9/2019

Douglas -- I'm glad you're loving CoConstruct and that we're helping you get real approvals (and really getting paid for them!). I noticed your comment about wanting to see all schedules in one place. The good news is that we actually do that. From your main dashboard, click on the first menu bar item, called "Task Manager." That allows you to see a global view of all of your schedule, to-do, and warranty items in one place in a list, Gantt, or calendar view. Click the "Filter" button to get to even more advanced options for narrowing down exactly what you want to overlay or color code. We have a similar feature in the mobile app, too. If you have any questions, our support team is happy to help. Give us a call at 800-213-3392.

Shawn J. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados

22/1/2020

22/1/2020

CoConstruct

Asistencia

It was a little complicated, but so is running a business. CoConstruct goes above and beyond to help you learn how to use it. There are multiple ways to set up your system. Customer service knows the software and will answer your questions completely. You have to figure our exactly how to use it to best suit your needs.

Puntos a favor

After 2 years of use there is very little if any extra or useless features in the software. The more of it we use the better it becomes. I have no regrets in purchasing it even though it has not paid for itself yet.

Puntos en contra

It took a while to reach the level at which we use it. This isn't necessarily bad on the software but as much the nature of the construction business. Doing a few jobs per year doesn't give you a lot of opportunity to change your procedure when you find a better way. That has required patience but it has paid off. You will not implement this software perfectly quickly, more than likely.

John B. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados

28/1/2020

28/1/2020

A Must for Construction Project Management

Asistencia

Overall experience has been great. I have to say that every time I call into Tech Support, the tech who answers has always been able to solve my issue or answer my question without passing me to someone else. Rare in this software-driven world of foreign tech support/passing down the line.

Puntos a favor

Our clients, trades and entire team have ONE site, both computer and mobile, to visit to access all of the necessary information, specifications, budgets, jobs schedules, etc.

Puntos en contra

I need additional estimating integration with my estimating software and currently have to manually enter my estimates vs. pushing takeoff data real-time directly into my estimates. Hopefully that will come with time!

Leslie Q. Especialidad: Diseño Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados

7/2/2020

7/2/2020

Changing Lanes

Asistencia

We were completely satisfied with CoConstruct! It is a really well thought out program with great support. If it made since for us to keep the software during our transition we would have!

Puntos a favor

We really loved creating templates for specifications and being able to incorporate these into a proposal. This software works seamlessly with quickbooks allowing us to keep track of financials alongside the project.

Puntos en contra

In the end the software became too expensive for our small firm, and honestly it was a little more than we needed (we transitioned from a design/build to strictly a design firm).

Respuesta: CoConstruct 14/3/2020

Leslie -- Thanks for all of the great feedback. We're sorry to see you go from CoConstruct, but we understand. We are great for design/build firms, who can use an unlimited number of projects at no additional charge for managing their design projects, including with customer communication, for as little as $199/mo, and then have all of that job data flow directly into the construction management side of the company. But, we were designed for companies that have a construction component of their business, so if you're only doing design now, I see where it may not be a fit. Hopefully you can send your design clients to contractors in your area who use CoConstruct, so the clients still get the benefit of it and you can still utilize it as a partner user of the contractor.

Grant S. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados Número de empleados:  2-10 empleados

5/5/2020

5/5/2020

Asistencia

CoConstruct has automated a lot of processes for us. Some of which we were doing on paper. Some we weren't doing and now can do because CoConstruct makes it easy. It has made our business better. I don't really want to imagine running our business without it.

Puntos a favor

CoConstruct streamlines a lot of our process which makes our business better. It allows us to organize our communications with customers which they love!

Puntos en contra

Being able to print a change order with the customers name and a line for them to sign without sending it as an email would be good.

Dwayne B. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  11-50 empleados Número de empleados:  11-50 empleados

23/4/2020

23/4/2020

Absolutely the Best

Puntos a favor

To be honest there our company relies on Co-Construct daily to operate. Our team clock in which is tracked back to the project to know where you are with the budgeted hours. The scope of work is detailed through the specs and selections. Communication with our team, clients and trade partners is all tracked and never lost. Our clients constantly tell us how easy it is to use and its a selling feature for us. Estimating is super easy and then over the the budget sheet to see how you are tracking with your profits. The schedule and how all tasks are able to have assigned team members or trade partners to them is essential to maintain your schedule and for the clients to see this all going on is crucial. The ability to keep all your photos and files in one location of on specific specifications is amazing.
Best of all the overview page shows you and your clients in a snapshot where the project is at.

Puntos en contra

There is a need for a WHIP report to help knowing a bit better where a project is financially vs the schedule.

Michael H. Especialidad: Construcción Número de empleados:  11-50 empleados Número de empleados:  11-50 empleados

12/12/2019

12/12/2019

Fuente de la reseña

Co Construct Revultionizing Business Management For Remodeling and Custom Home Builders

Asistencia

Co Construct has improved operations efficiency in several of the companies I have worked with. Co Construct is able to take a project from the first contact all the way through completion and provides an accountability for the client and the contractor which has been a big support gap in the past decade. Co Construct improves the builder and sub contractor experience as well with features that provide a daily log of comments and photos from the subs to the contractor in one place that is stored for record. Co Construct has also made keeping track of financials much easier and creating and facilitating change orders from the field. All of the features of Co Construct are streamlined in the mobile app for easy to train functionality with employees, subs and vendors. Overall I just cant express enough how Co Construct continues to improve the Remodel and Custom home sector of Residential construction.

Puntos a favor

Co Construct is so much more than a project management software system. Co Construct integrates your entire business operation into one easy to use cloud base platform. The support team dedicated to Co Construct users is a feature that no other company in this field can match. Co Construct continues to innovate their product daily through their client based interactions and feedback. Co Construct has gone above and beyond through their development of a "Community" discussion board within the existing software that enables all of their clients to interact with each other and the Co Construct ambassadors.
Co Construct offers Co Camp training as well as Co Con (annual conference based on builders engaging with other builders) this is a unique approach to not only improve clients knowledge of the software but will assist them with overall productivity in their respective businesses.
The Software itself is very easy to learn and very adaptable to any size business model. Co Construct has a library of videos to assist with the onboarding process. Co Construct has made a huge investment in securing their clients information as well.

Puntos en contra

It would be very difficult for me to identify anything that I do not like about this software. Co Construct has done a phenomenal job of identifying and improving any areas that were lacking in the offered software package and continues to develop more efficient improvements. I look forward to the future as they continue to grow the Leads feature as well as integration into the mainstream calendar support.

Mac C. Número de empleados:  Trabajador autónomo Número de empleados:  Trabajador autónomo

23/2/2019

23/2/2019

Handyman evolution

Asistencia

I can’t say enough about the customer service - specifically the “how do I do this...” type of support. They really don’t want you to fail just because you don’t understand HOW to use the app.

Puntos a favor

Good/bad? Good is not an adequate description of the customer service I receive from CoConstruct. The team over there is amazing. It’s the best customer service I’ve ever had anywhere online. I honestly feel like they work for me in my IT department (I’m a one-man “wanna-be remodeler” handyman operation).

Whenever I have a question I get a fully thought out, complete response that answers my question completely - most of the time with a video of rep solving the issue on his screen as if it were my own. I especially like that I seem to be assigned to one team member.

Also, the training calls during the learning phase were invaluable. I don’t think I would have been able to learn the full process without them (thanks again rep) - and I would have cancelled shortly after signing up without the video training calls.

Thanks so much CoConstruct.

I started out as a handyman 2 years ago and found CoConstruct before I was ready for it. The sales guy listened to my situation and freely admitted that it was probably more than I needed and it wouldn’t be a great benefit to me at that point - so I waited with the website bookmarked in my favorites bar. Since then, I’ve expanded into some smaller remodel projects and small custom residential jobs (small, like demo a bathroom, replace Front Door, install a door inside where one didn’t exist). Even with my tiny scope of work CoConstruct has been the deciding factor for 3 of my last 5 clients. I asked them why they chose me over the others and they said specifically, “I like your app”. Paraphrasing them, they said something to the effect of, “it’s transparent and I like that you show me everything you’re committing to instead of a one or two line sentence fragment on an estimate explaining a $3,000 scope of work”. I literally charge more for everything I do because CoConstruct makes me look so good up front that the customers are happy to pay more. Maybe because it makes my business look more professional or competent, or maybe because using CoConstruct actuallly makes me feel more confident. Either way, using CoConstruct, I charge more for the same work and I’m winning clients that I wouldn’t have before. It’s literally paying for itself.

Y’all are the best and I can’t wait to grow my business with your help.

Puntos en contra

It can take a while to set up a project - specifically a list of generally unrelated items. I estimate a lot of home inspection reports so it’s hard to create a template that I can import for each job.

The client view of some stuff is a little less transparent than I’d like (although i can type anything and everything I want into each item description). When I build out that cost lines for each item I’d like to be able to display the description of each cost line to the client (with or without the cost).

It’s also tough (or maybe I just haven’t figured it out yet) to go through the list of items to be completed while you’re on site since they’re grouped into larger categories instead of a single list showing all the items. However, you can add whatever you want to the schedule and track progress through the schedule. It’d be great if I could import the specs & selections items into the schedule.

Richard R.

22/10/2013

22/10/2013

Asistencia

Here at Summit, we construct custom and build-to-suit homes that can start from an on-line Southern Living Plan or a gleam in the client's eye. With the variation and choice that falls within that range, it becomes a real chore to track all the information and communication required to deliver what the client expects and a product we can be proud of.

At least, it was before Co-construct. Before Co-Co (I am copywriting that nickname so Donny can't take it), we used a combination of spreadsheets, Everynote, and accounting software to manage client and field communication. In addition to this, each member of the team for any project kept their own side documents. Then came Co-Construct. Before I dive in, let me first explain the Co-Construct does not end the need for paperwork and organization. It just makes it simple.

The learning curve for this software is easy because of the extensive video tutorials provided. All told, it took us about a week to get the system up and running, and here is how it broke down: two days to populate our selection items in the master template, two days to enter the data from the current jobs, and one day to train the management team, review for accuracy, and drink coffee. That's right, all it took was one person, one week, and all of that without disrupting the course of business. Once everyone had their email linked in, we were off to the races.

But what does Co-construct really do for us? Co-construct is a premier information and communication organizer. By keeping all the communication separated into the relevant Selections/Building Phases, everyone stays focused and can find the relevant information at the proper time. From the time the prospect is started up, we upload details, bids, pictures, emails, etc. to the appropriate phase. This way, the client can constantly see the progress of the project and the field manager always has access to the same information that we have in the office. No more side documents. No more lost information.

What does Co-Construct NOT Do? Co-Construct does not do your work for you. We call those 'Employees'. Co-Construct does not fully integrate with accounting software easily. However, it is my understanding they are currently working on developing export formats for some of the more common systems. This creates a small double entry required to reconcile the state of the budget with our in house accounting. However, from an auditor's point of view, I don't mind this, as it provides an inherent data review point. And, in fact, once exporting things into Excel, it is an academic exercise to check it against accounting.

What does Co-construct do for the client? In our case, we are an 'Open Book' company so we find the various sharing features of this software to be indispensable. Clients can see the impact of every choice/request that is made during the course of the project in real time. We find that giving the client the tools to go through and make selections - essentially letting them value engineer their own project - helps them to realize that they are in control of their project. Not only that, they never get that end of project 'Suprise!' when we reconcile the contract.

Finally, Co-construct has been the core element for generating, tracking, and processing change orders. With all the specifications and communications on line and permanently displayed we have been able to vastly improve Client satisfaction while increasing revenues.

In conclusion, Co-construct helps us:
Improve our bidding process
Organize Information
Communicate clearly with the Client
Track the project budget
Capture revenues due to project changes

Brad T.

31/3/2013

31/3/2013

Asistencia

I am a third generation home builder in the Kansas City, Missouri market. Our family has been building and developing for over 50 years through both good times and bad. We build homes that range from $250,000 to $5,000,00000. With the recent economic downturn, we had to naturally downsize our company in order to survive. We went from 50 homes per year to 2 per year, but are now starting to see signs of improvement in our market and wanted to implement a new cloud based software system that would improve communications between all players in the building of our custom homes. We wanted something that would handle communications, specifications, scheduling, budgeting, selection sheet management, change orders, file sharing, to-do lists/punch lists, job site logs as well as reporting, and we wanted something that would let us do this with less people. We have found that and much more with the Co-Construct platform.

The set up was quick and easy. We were able to customize it to work with the way we do business which made the conversion simple for our staff. We were up and rolling on the first job in less than 1 week and using every function that the system has to offer. I can't name one bad function in the Co-Construct System.

Four months into the system, and I can say nothing but positive comments about the Co-Construct software and Co-Construct team. We immediately started with a custom build job. Both my builder team, clients, and sub-contractors have nothing but positive things to say about the system (this goes all the way from the tech savvy to computer resistant partners). Our first clients on the system were in the mid 60's and have built 7 homes previously with other builders. They absolutely love using Co-Construct and seeing my daily communications and updates to the sub-contractors (the one's I want them to see).

About two months into using the system, Co-Construct introduced an upgrade which included a budgeting feature which has become a valuable asset. They appear to continually upgrade the system at no additional cost to the user. Our next move will be to apply their custom branding option to personalize the website with our logo. At the writing of this review, they were releasing 20 new upgrades to the system. Can't wait to see what they are!

Customer Support for this system is first rate. Most of the time that I have questions, I start a support ticket and have a response and resolution to my problem within 4 business hours. If I need to call, someone answers with professional, courteous and helpful answers to even the simple problems.

With Co-construct, you can update, communicate and promote your business from any web connected device, allowing you to work from virtually anywhere. My clients really enjoy the "real-time" updates when we walk the jobs. Likewise, I enjoy my clients comments that they post while on site at the end of the day. It is nice to see the excitement in their posts.

Co-Construct has streamlined our business and communications and allowed us to do more, with less personnel in a more professional manner.

Our company has seen the following benefits while using Co-Construct:

Cost savings through staff reduction. We no longer have a person dedicated to Warranty administration or Selection Management. The system does this for us.

Cost savings through reduced communication errors.

Cost Savings over using multiple software platforms.

Increased margins through better and more timely change order management and collection.

Reduced phone calls to sub-contractors for scheduling, punch lists, and orders with a written "paper trail" of dates and times that contacts were made.

Simply having every aspect of your job from budget, to plans, communications to selections right in the palm of your hand in an easy to use interface, is invaluable.

We are additionally finding that our customers are talking about this system to their friends. We have had potential referral clients ask if they would also be able to use the system.

Over the years, we have seen many business tools revolutionize the way we do business - the copy machine, the two way radio, the fax machine, the cell phone, the internet. I am confident to say that we will look back at Co-Construct as another business innovation that has a more than positive effect on our business and bottom line.