Resumen de opiniones de usuarios

Sobre Google Cloud Platform

Featuring G-Suite and GCP, Google Cloud is a platform that provides a reliable and easy-to-use set of solutions that can be used to tackle the toughest challenges in any type of industry. It provides secure storage options,...

Saber más

Evaluaciones de función

Consulta las opiniones sobre Google Cloud Platform

1087 de 1087 opiniones
Filtrar por:
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

Publicado el 10/1/2021

Host applications with ease over the most efficient cloud platform - Google Cloud Platform

We have our internal as well as client applications deployed on multi-cloud architecture, and I have personally worked over all the available cloud platforms. We also have built our own cloud architecture for internal purposes. However, by far Google Cloud Platform services are by far one of the best services available in the market. Reliance, cost and performance, all collectively considered, GCP would never disappoint any serious user and who actually wants to ease to deploy and channelize effectiveness to all its customers.

Puntos a favor

1. Amazing online community and support documents are available.
2. Supports the complete VM model and micro-services such as managed Kubernetes infrastructure as well.
3. Sole-tenant models are also available - In case you have confidential data to be hosted on applications and cannot take any chance to share your cloud infrastructure with other customers, you can have a dedicated infrastructure, all for you organisations use.
4. Complete on-prem systems can be migrated to Google Cloud Platform with help of engineers from Google.
5. Cost-effective and pay when used model, which helps organisations save funds.
6. Software Development Kit available for Google Cloud Platform, which can be used widely for any service and all via a command-line interface.

Desventajas

1. Very granular features are available on the platform which allows users to create custom solutions, but can become a little challenging to set up initially due to a large feature set available.
2. The platform heavily rely on the Internet, therefore stable network with large bandwidth is required so as to run the platform consistently.

Mihran T.
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de dos años

Publicado el 12/9/2019

Fastest Cloud Platform out there!

Goofle Cloud Platform is one of the fastest cloud platform out there. Earlier our team was using another system and it was always giving us downtimes. Finally we switched to Google Cloud Platform even though the prices were higher. The system haven't disappointed us till date. They can improve a lot in customer support though.

Puntos a favor

Speed, Ease of setting up a new instance, Pre emptive instances

Desventajas

The pricing can be lowered. Also the customer support should be easier to get.

Georg c. L.
  • Sector: Comercio minorista
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados

Publicado el 28/1/2019

Best in Class for VPN Compute Engines

Our goal with the GCP was that we needed a server to be accessible from anywhere, and decided instead of purchasing a physical server, we would put our server in the cloud. It worked well, and we utilized it as our SQL server for our data from our stores. Very high speeds from Google, so there was little to no delay on data traffic.

Puntos a favor

We utilized the Google Cloud Platform primarily for a VM running Win Server 2012. What we liked best with GCP, was that it worked. We tried several other platforms, but were unable to get them to work with our onsite hardware. GCP was the first platform which allowed us to establish a 3-way VPN tunnel to multiple physical locations, with the firewalls we had installed. Combine this with easy data backup tools and various other features, it made for a easy solution for our needs.

Desventajas

The GUI/website control panel area is relatively limited, and to really maximize your use of GCP you need to understand the Console commands and how to use the console to setup your servers and manage your settings. This requires some more advanced knowledge and training beyond a consumer user. Access to any type of support is locked behind significant paywall.

Emily G.
  • Sector: Alimentación y bebidas

Publicado el 2/6/2020

My experience using Google Cloud has been excellent

Google Cloud have all that I need once I got the opportunity to make a record for my work. It's a web device where I can without much of a stretch make a record, likewise, it's a unique format for introduction or basically decent covering for the doc, it is anything but difficult to impart to associates or companions, I can simply duplicate the connection and gives access to my archive and everybody welcomed individuals will get an email.

Puntos a favor

I'm glad that I can utilize Google Cloud at my work and make my documentation inside the quick and most effortless strategy it doesn't rely on my PC operational framework so I can remain quiet that this documentation will be spared and not lost. it's simple and open to everybody. I feel it works incredible for group arranging or business-related assignment. I additionally appreciate the very truth that everyone can alter the archive.

Desventajas

What I lean toward least about this product is that occasionally records are frequently incidentally lost. It can turn out to be extremely hard to search out some of my archives. It is frequently hard to utilize at first and to encourage won't to it. I feel it took me some time to really be recognizable.

Kamal H.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 11-50 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Publicado el 23/6/2020

Cloud computing made easy

It's the best cloud computing platform I've used.

Puntos a favor

The GCP has made the deployment of development practices easy. Creating and Launching virtual instances is very fast. You are billed only when instances are running. The free trial credit makes it superb and standout among others.

Desventajas

The only disadvantage is that it assigns a USA IP address for every instance created. Even if the location of the instance is India, London, South Africa, you'll be given a USA IP.

Nolan W.
  • Sector: Administración educativa
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1001-5000 empleados

Publicado el 5/9/2019

The Gold Standard of Cloud Platforming

My overall experience with Google and their cloud platform has been, in a very real sense, life-changing.

Puntos a favor

Google Cloud has made my job so much easier. As a teacher, I have to store my data, assignments, and everything else digitally. I tried other platforms but they all were clunky, difficult to use, or non-compatible with other services. Google fixed all of that. All of my data is at my fingertips and, as an educator, I will never leave this product.

Desventajas

Since everything is connected through Google, there is sometimes some overlap in different apps that do similar-but-technically-different functions. It can be a little frustrating to work in one thing and then find that a different app does it much better.

Harmony B.
  • Sector: Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro

Publicado el 11/6/2020

What my thoughts are about google cloud platform.

I solve data storage problems and help scale back the amount of human error. At the same time, I am able to run data smoothly and efficiently in a beat and orderly fashion.

Puntos a favor

I like the fact that you can store an unlimited amount of space as an online back up. If your computer has a major power surge and fries, your work and documents are saved and you have not lost everything.

Desventajas

I think that there should be an option where you can make the background and fonts a more laid back description instead of always having it professional. I really also don’t really care for how everything is connected to the google—-everything branches out from it.

• Sector: Construcción
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Publicado el 2/1/2019

Office tools in Google cloud

I have been using Google Cloud on daily basis for like 4 years. Alot has improved over time with their individual programs like Word, Slides, Excel, etc. But some tools like Draw is still not able to compete with something Inkscape.

Puntos a favor

The Office tools in Google Cloud are much better than Microsoft 365. The best part of G suit in Google Cloud is real time synchronization. When I work on reports with my remotely located colleagues, I can see them editing specific sections of a document in a real time. This helps alot in not repeating the work on the same section. Google Cloud shows all of this in form of different colors and small icons on top left of the document. When you click on the icon, the document jumps to the point where that person is working on. Other good feature is version control. In case if I am not happy with the new edits, I can revert the document to an older version.

Desventajas

The only part which I dont like is their slow evolution. Google is very slow in adding features in their G Suit which means at the moment, it is unable to compete with the Desktop based MS Office. But I can see it coming very quickly and very soon, people may stop using Microsoft Office on their computers.. They may only use the online tools like Google Office. Another part where Google need to improve is their slides which is like Power Point from Microsoft. The slides from Google are still at their very early stage and need to improve.

• Software usado A diario durante 6-12 meses

Publicado el 17/1/2021

Run your workloads in infrastructure powered by Google

GCP holds our ~70% of internal applications which were sometime back sitting in our on-prem infrastructure. GCP has not only reduced our costs but also reduced our manual overhead to over 90% of things being done by Google (majorly maintenance) and the remaining part of overseeing the deployed applications and their updates/ upgrades by our team. Since the backend is majorly handled by Google, our team gets more time to work on the actual product and make it more and more efficient.

Puntos a favor

1. The services provided by Google Cloud Platform (GCP) are one in its class and are powered by negligible downtimes and are available across multiple locations, all over the world.
2. Kubernetes as a service is one of the latest and greatest features of GCP. It lets you run your clusters without the manual effort of managing the overhead infrastructure and even the Operating system of the nodes. It is all managed by Google itself including the security and responsibility in case of breach is help by Google itself. Therefore you can only think about you own product and forget about any maintenance that is required in the backend.
3. Pub/Sub is also one of an amazing feature of GCP. It is a Redis like messaging service which can be utilized by you applications for internal as well as external publications and subscriptions.

Desventajas

1. High internet bandwidth is required to utilize the platform smoothly and to have a smooth user experience. In case you have low Internet speed at your workplace, you will surely struggle with this platform.
2. UI elements at times tend to slip from the eyesight, either if they are too small to be seen or the color usage of those fonts are not correct. These small details shall not be overseen and shall be decided with deep thoughts and with actual user experience.

Jordan D.
  • Sector: Marketing y publicidad

Publicado el 4/8/2019

Affordable Cloud Service For Marketing Analytics

Nothing but positive. I come more from an analytics background, but it's always easy for me to do the work of a data engineer in the platform.

Puntos a favor

Like all cloud software, I love how easy it is to import data and incorporate it into my work-flow for spinning up marketing dashboards. I specifically like Google Cloud Platform for its multiple integrations into Google Data Studio and other platforms, such as Datorama.

Desventajas

Like most Google products, I wish it was easier to integrate into third-party (non-Google) products.

Richard I.

Publicado el 4/6/2018

Fantastic Cloud Tools with Fast Deployment

I've enjoy using this product. It makes development time faster and it integrates very well with a wide range of Google Cloud / API products.

Puntos a favor

The Google Cloud Platform is an assortment cloud development tools - in my case, for web development. I utilize their Compute Engine, SQL, Storage, a number of their networking tools. I've found getting these different tools to work together has been very easy. One of the things I love about using Google Cloud is how easy it is to launch additional tools, create separate operating environments for testing, and bringing in 'tested' environments into production status.

For the most part, I've found the Google Cloud Platform tools deploy very quickly, so there isn't much downtime as you want to ramp up additional resources. I've also found their billing platform one of the best if you have clients you're setting these resources as you can create independent billing accounts like you might in Google Adwords.

Desventajas

My gripe isn't unique to the Google Cloud Platform - it may simply be the reality of the billing model used by most cloud providers I've used - costs can sneak up quickly if you're not paying attention. Since the costs associated with the cloud platform are all variable expenses based on items such as time in use, storage fees, or network thru-put, it often takes a few days for Google to properly offer up the estimated monthly expense. I've had a few painful surprises over the years so watch your billing estimates carefully.

My next gripe is both positive and negative: Google Cloud is always improving their service offerings (this is positive), but often their improvements roll out as a different product with no clear way to migrate from say Compute Engine (older product) to their Kubernetes Engine (new product).

Jay A.
  • Sector: Museos e instituciones
  • Tamaño de la empresa: Trabajador autónomo

Publicado el 24/8/2018

Cloud-Scale access to Google Apps, Storage, VMs, Renders, and Compute Engines

I've just started with Google Cloud Platform, bug they've been very generous in offering free small samples, trial offerings, and at that, the technology itself is inspiring, from the literature provided, and based on the descriptions. Essentially, a developer could scale an enterprise or computing task, or app at full Google thrust, at scale of course; yet it's not at all a paltry offering; significant and invaluable [previously] development tasks of an ad hoc nature are now, very simply put: offerings of tasty tidbits of modern day tech and lifestyle to-do; the results are visible, within a dedicated focused development session; connecting with the literature of the Google Cloud Platform app and the offerings therein will engender a deeper appreciation for how far Google's surfave-level apps have come, with the advent of Cloud computing and processing power, built on Google's rich foundation in logistics to carry out these tasks for the consumer, prosumer, developer, startup, and beyond.

Puntos a favor

This software platform is much more than one single concept of software: it's the starting point for accessing all of Google's Cloud Computing services as well as the background APIs that operate at code and scripting level inside of shells and IDEs. Ostensibly, any common computer task, client, service, object, or node can be made in to a Google Cloud Platform instance, from virtual disks and machines, to process rendering, to gaining custom access to nuanced aspects of the individual Google Apps which are offered as the common App Store offering for everyone; yet as for full functionality, API access is necessary. In addition, there are very notable, special, cutting edge technologies that truly transform the concept of user interface and user experience in the context of all things Google: some of the language and visualization Cloud Platform offerings are very exciting, a heralding of a new age in computing, marketing, and IoTs to come.

Desventajas

It's a vast expanse of software development to wrap one's focus about. That being said, a developer would be lucky to get some hands-on, real-world context of what the Google Cloud Platform Apps and APIs are fully capable of. There's not a whole lot to dislike; Google Developers on every Google product offering constantly update their literature and sites, co make sure that the content is presented well and that users have the means to learn by doing; going forth with the flow of context in development that pops up, from moment to moment; I suppose it [could] be more fluid, but then again, I am a common consumer developer and this is a beautiful array of modern computing leverage at my fingertips, potentially. I just have to learn to use it.

Sébastien L.

Publicado el 16/3/2019

An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related

The most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds in technology, including topics such as technical support, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, security, etc. I have benefited tremendously from its many features and I expect to solve more complex problems in the near future with new skills under my belt. I loved how simple it was to set up instances, get them running, working with them for a while and then how they can easily be discarded or modified on the fly.

Puntos a favor

In the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses that the same company offers as part of their MOOCs. Instances are responsive and allow to really dig deep without the fear of breaking anything for real. They each get their own IP address accessible publicly so it is a breeze to launch background services and servers inside an instance and test functionality from the outside world. I am not personally familiar with all the tools available, but I know I can count on the platform to support any future development I might do with big data and machine learning. Because Google also offers open source libraries such as TensorFlow which are an integral part of the platform, I know I will not be limited with scalability issues anytime soon when relying on this service.

Desventajas

Like any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant documentation page on the subject. I have also been annoyed once or twice in a MOOC connected to a virtual instance on Google Cloud Platform when I was informed that the instance was ready but in reality I would still need to wait longer for all tools to be properly loaded, hence some confusion was generated from the fact that I would have to close and re-open the instance to see a new file appear or something similar. I wish the communication between GCP and the information available from a course connected to the platform could be more accurate. Knowing this little pitfall and knowing there is a very good documentation available with many tutorials does help to get pass those initial hurdles.

Michelle M.
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 28/10/2019

Cloud Computing Solution for Web Hosting

True story - I somehow stumbled upon a YouTube video entitled "Free Wordpress Hosting on Google Cloud Platform!" So I watched it. Within an hour, I had my own cloud platform account open, had claimed my $300 credit (useful for playing around with paid services later), had claimed a free virtual machine space, reserved a static IP, and had installed Wordpress and was busy customizing the site. All that's left for me is to register a domain name and copy in DNS info, and set up an SSL. This was just as easy to use as any "web host" interface. The only cost I will incur for the first 12 months is that of registering the domain name. After that, my VM Wordpress will cost about $6 a month to host. I haven't seen anything else that beats this yet.

Puntos a favor

I was inspired to make a switch to the Google Cloud Platform as a hosting option for my website after seeing a YouTube video explaining how easy Google had made this process. I really liked the ease of the one-button installations and configurations. I also like the fact that I got a huge credit and 12 months to use it, to try out additional features aside from the main hosting that I originally planned to test. I also like the fact that Google de facto billing procedure at the end of their free trial is to pause your service, not ding your credit card. Finally, I was impressed with the list of Always Free services that Google makes available through this service. Also, my Wordpress runs faster on this platform than I have ever seen it run besides being locally hosted. Seriously impressive. Also, think about all that time you spend trying to get your web site's info INTO GOOGLE. Well, this way, they already have it because it's in their data center!

Desventajas

I sometimes find it difficult to locate which segment of the main navigation in the management console I need to go to in order to accomplish certain tasks, but it's always something that can be easily looked up. There also doesn't immediately appear to be a phone option for support, which some users may expect from a web host - but this is Google. They aren't exactly a web host, they just give you a way to use their cloud computing engine to set up a web server. You can, however, pay for higher levels of support if you need them. Also, if I hadn't watched a YouTube video specifically explaining how to get the least expensive virtual machine setup, I wouldn't have known how to do it - if you're new to VM, you're going to want to either get some advice or educate yourself a little bit in advance.

Publicado el 14/2/2021

Execute your workloads in fast, easy to use and quick deployment with Google Cloud Platform

Overall, GCP has provided a positive ROI to our organization leaving remarkable impressions, both from product and product service perspective. Therefore, I would highly recommend this platform for running your workloads in the cloud. Also, free trials are available with a bunch of credits which can help newbies to test and try out stuff before bringing production environment, on this platform.

Puntos a favor

1. One of the best User Interface available for cloud services in Industry.
2. Evolving and always enhancing feature-set which can not be ignored. Anything that can be service-based and can be provided as a managed service, you will find it in Google Cloud Platform.
3. Below are some of the best and most reliable services you will be getting along with this platform:
- Google Kubernetes Engine: is one of the best managed K8s engine. The availability of this tool is fabulous and configuring setting up clusters is done in minutes. Also, the performance of this service is amazing, be it in any region, across the globe.
- Google Cloud Storage: Can be used for any sort of files, any format of any size is accepted. It is by far one of the best places to store your cloud workloads data and files.
- Google Pub/ Sub: is basically publication/ subscription service, which is also fully managed. Provides blazing fast speed in delivering and receiving messages across this service.

Desventajas

1. Free trial is a little low on duration. At the moment, the free trial provides 3 months of access, however, I personally feel this is a little less time for an organization to test out their workloads and decide on GO/NO GO decisions.
2. Cache's shall be better managed. At the moment, a very constant and high-speed internet is required so as to manage this platform. If caches can be managed and better utilized, platform laggy-ness due to fluctuating internet bandwidth can be reduced, which would largely impact the user experience.

• Software usado Mensualmente durante 6-12 meses

Publicado el 9/10/2020

Market leader for developers

Happy user of Google, and more explicitly their Firebase line of products.

Puntos a favor

The competition (AWS) is a lot of moving parts to handle, where-as GCP positioned itself as a low learning curve and easy to get started with for developers with the offering from Firebase related products. Angular developers will find themselves at home with related tooling.

Desventajas

Lack of community in terms of blogs and tutorials as much as the competition, but the Google GCP docs make up for it. The Node.js version support has had some bugs but there's an active developer community on their GitHub repository for it that can help out and advise with workarounds.

Corey H.
  • Sector: Administración gubernamental

Publicado el 7/7/2021

All tools with one platform

The ease in being able to share documents between users and the compatibility with apps by other companies like Microsoft.

Puntos a favor

Google Cloud allows access to spreadsheets, photos and text docs in one place and does not require integration with other platforms. Sharing is extremely easy after choosing whether to make access permanent or one time. The connection to all other Google apps like maps is a plus.
Saving is easy as everything input is saved right away.

Desventajas

Security for spreadsheets could be a risk. If the password is compromised, all information is available in the cloud. My company has a contract with Microsoft so it takes an extra step to convert Google docs to Word.

• Sector: Comercio minorista
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 1001-5000 empleados
  • Software usado A diario durante 1-5 meses

Publicado el 29/9/2020

Google Cloud is a game changer in the Cloud Hosting Game

It has been an excellent experience migrating premised based equipment from our data centers in the Google Cloud. The process went extremely well with minimal disruption of our business.

Puntos a favor

Google Cloud's ability to not only use the GUI interface but also the CLI interface makes it extremely valuable.

Desventajas

The user interface is confusing for users coming from AWS or Microsoft Azure. There is a learning curve for people who are not familiar with CLI

Hardik D.
  • Sector: Muebles

Publicado el 28/6/2021

most preferred cloud solution for ML, TensorFlow,etc.

Over all GCP is excellent platform, novice started should start only from here. would be very easy to learn and understand

Puntos a favor

almost all major features in GCP, are having lifetime free tier offering, with a monthly renewing capacity.
GCP offers almost all the features, needed in Cloud Solutions starting from some of the basics like, Storage, Compute, DB to Speech to text, neural network, erc.

Desventajas

Costing bifurcation is slightly complicated, but once understood, how to find proper bifurcation, the information is available easily to analyze spending of different solution.

Max P.
  • Tamaño de la empresa: 201-500 empleados

Publicado el 27/6/2019

The Cloud Platform to build on for any startup.

I have worked at two startups now and both were started on EC2 and transitioning to GCP. The costs are almost 50% less at GCP than EC2 and the support at Google to get started is much greater than the massive AWS. The services and Vms are super easy to use and setup. And if your company is on Gsuite, then user management is great. Will always plan on deploying new programs and projects on GCP for foreseeable future.

Puntos a favor

Google Cloud Platform is very easy to get started with compared to other clouds. There is free training videos and courses. The costs are among the lowest of all cloud platforms.

Desventajas

At the beginning compute resources ran out in datacenters that you were already in and using. Also, sometimes features are depreciated or changed to paying for. There is a few months notice on those but still an inconvenience.

Robson jean P.

Publicado el 6/5/2021

Google Cloud Platform the best Cloud Platform on the Market

The best platform for Cloud Computing, very robust, with all services that you need for you application

Puntos a favor

First, that GCP accept the Brazilian Real for payments.
Second, GCP have a lot of products for serverless apps, like Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, App Engine.
Third, I never had to talk with the GCP Support, I never had problems with they.

Desventajas

I think that I'dont have any complain about GCP, the price is not too high, I think is cheaper then AWS.

Gaurav G.
  • Sector: Alimentación y bebidas
  • Software usado Mensualmente durante Más de dos años

Publicado el 29/9/2020

Robust clickstream data storage and analysis tool

My overall experience with Google Cloud Platform has been satisfactory. I have been able to work with IT to import marketing campaigns data from multiple sources and store them for querying by analysts in my team. Due to scalability and stability of databases in GCP, I can keep moving more marketing data without worrying about slowing down the databases or crashing them. So, all analytics pulled using this imported data can populate a dashboard and keep it updated with fresh insights. Which helps in driving higher ROI.

Puntos a favor

My marketing team uses Google Cloud Platform to collect Google Analytics clickstream data and marry it with structured data from other sources. I analyze that correlated dataset using SQL queries. Some benefits I see off using GCP: I can access data online using a Google email address which I already use for other Google tools. I can export the data extract using Google Sheets and store it in Google Drive. I can import additional data by setting up a daily feed from Google Analytics. So, I get the benefits of a relational database with ability to scale using Google servers.

Desventajas

Google Cloud Platform is great for importing datasets from Google Analytics and other Google suite tools. But from tools which are not in the Google eco system, it involves heavy lift from ETL developers or architects. Additionally, GCP Bigquery tool has a limit on the volume of queries an analyst can run. Once that limit or cap is crossed, companies have to pay extra. So, using the LIMIT command in SQL becomes critical to limit the numbers of rows. Also, there is a challenge of legacy SQL vs. current version because they use different syntax.

Zuhairah A.

Publicado el 5/6/2021

Manage multiple clud storage form one platform

Puntos a favor

I'm delighted to use Google Cloud at work to create my documentation most quickly and straightforwardly possible. This process doesn't depend on my Computers operating framework, so I can be assured that this information will be saved and not lost. It's straightforward and accessible to anybody. I believe it is ideal for group planning or business-related tasks. I also love the fact that anybody may make changes to the archive.

Desventajas

What I dislike the most about this software is that report are regularly lost by accident. Searching for some of my records may be incredibly difficult. It is usually challenging to use initially to persuade others to do so. I believe it took some time for me to become indeed known.

Andrew M.
  • Sector: Investigación

Publicado el 31/10/2020

Google Cloud is a cost effective alternative to S3 and continually improving -watch this space.

Google Cloud has allowed us to scale key parts of our data pipeline and democratise access to data for reporting; removing bottlenecks in reporting and allowing self-service analytics, but it is overkill for companies that don't deal with pentabytes of data.

Puntos a favor

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up. Using Forms for entry to Sheets which sync to BigQuery and DataStudio makes for very quick and easy expansion. Recently they have added a feature whereby query results can be viewed in Sheets for quick, less technical analysis.

I was particularly impressed by BigQuery's free public datasets: such as covid.

AppSheet is much easier to use than MS PowerApps.

They are continually adding novel features, with a natural language processing feature coming soon, allowing SQL queries to be composed using natural English.

Desventajas

BigQuery does not feel like a mature product yet. The UI can be buggy and is not particularly user friendly.

DataStudio lacks the flexibility of software like MS PowerBI; it lacks basic scientific graphs like boxplots and control charts and I would not recommend it for scientific data.

AppSheet lacks the flexibility of MS PowerApps and is priced per user, making it expensive to scale and greatly reducing the potential use cases.

Darien C.
  • Sector: Instituciones religiosas
  • Software usado Semanalmente durante Más de un año

Publicado el 18/2/2021

GCP is a robust, powerful platform that offers simple cloud hosting for websites

Google Cloud Platform allows our website to scale rapidly as needed, while offering a cheap and completely customizable hosting platform. While complicated, GCP allows power users to run very powerful websites for fairly cheap, and unlimited potential for future development.

Puntos a favor

GCP is a very complicated platform, with unlimited potential for those who know how to use it; but once you learn how to use a specific tool - it becomes a very powerful and simple tool to use.

I currently only use the Compute Manager (Virtual Machine), VPC Network (External IP) and Network Services (Cloud DNS) to run a cloud-based Wordpress site. Overall, once you learn the system, Google Cloud offers a very powerful solution for web management - giving unlimited potential for upgrades & sizes, allowing for localized solutions & access to the full Google Cloud network, and giving a (cheap) solution for powerful web hosting. With GCP, we spend only $7 a month (CAD), and our site runs significantly faster than it previously did on other hosting services.

On top of that, GCP allows complete control over the backend linux server; which is a learning curve in itself, but offers quick & easy ways to manage every aspect of your website - the PHP version, specific file permissions, custom platform solutions (such as access to install different Google API's).

Desventajas

Google Cloud Platform is an insanely powerful platform with incredible features, but it also carries a VERY steep learning curve and is not for the faint of heart. While other web hosting services provide a simple interface most people can learn quickly, GCP throws you into the deep-end; requiring deeper knowledge of linux code (for backend management) and an understanding of web hosting in order to operate properly. Fortunately, with numerous guides and support forums/groups out there, it can be easy to learn.

1087 opiniones